Chris
Greetings from france italy and now south florida
-
Dutch213
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have dogs
Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Hey everyone my name's chris I was raised around dogs since i was a kid..my dad had a farm in the south of france and had boxer kennel..moved to US in 1993 and lived with a friend of my moms who had 6 dogs 2 GSD's I liked the breed and became a fan of working dogs..I was never scared of dogs until i met someone in 2003 who had 2 dutch shepherds I didnt know what kind of dog they were at first but knew they were special some spark about them made them different..his male was very aggressive he told me not to put my fingers near the fence or i would loose them.. his female was always wanting to play with the ball or anything she could find for that matter(rocks, leafs, paper, socks etc
.. she could play fetch all day but not like a lab or other dog which would be goofy about it no she was serious she would look at me like you better play with me and if i ignored her she would bark and poke me with her muzzle..I was still scared of her because she could turn civil in a second..so move foward a few years I ended up getting a puppy from him..a female dark brindle I absolutely wanted a dog like her mom..instead a got a female version of her dad high intensity high energy not very social but the ball drive of her mom..i then got with the trainer my friend was training his DS's with and started doing decoy work for him since he was a french ring guy for 20 years but now does more civil/protection training..so now ive been training dogs since 2007..I have 2 DS (Mini-Me and Gazoo) and a mali (Krash) I put my mali in there because i believe they are very similar..I dont agree with people who say they are the same dog they are very similar but not the same and I prefer the DS any day(my wife likes the mali's
we'll leave her out of this
Chris
Chris
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome Chris, MiniMe, Gazoo and Krash too.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome to the forum. Get your camera ready because everyone is going to want to see photos!
Take a look at this section of the board for information on how to post pictures, create a signature, create an avatar, etc... http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewforum.php?f=55
Take a look at this section of the board for information on how to post pictures, create a signature, create an avatar, etc... http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewforum.php?f=55
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome ! 
Were in South Florida?
Were in South Florida?
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro!
Are you planning to keep your dogs in the personal protection aspect of things? Or are you thinking of putting them into ring/PSA/Schutzhund? Decoys can be hard to come by, so you would be an asset!
Welcome again!
Are you planning to keep your dogs in the personal protection aspect of things? Or are you thinking of putting them into ring/PSA/Schutzhund? Decoys can be hard to come by, so you would be an asset!
Welcome again!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Especially in South Florida !Christie M wrote: Decoys can be hard to come by, so you would be an asset!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome! yes, we want to see pictures !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
-
Dutch213
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have dogs
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Thanks everyone..by the way how do i put a profile picture?..is it avatar?..i tried avatar it says my picture needs to be 0 to 40 or something..im in Hallandale right off I-95 and the dade/broward county line
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Yes, your avatar is what shows above your screen name. It is probably not agreeing with the size of the pic you are trying to place. 
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: Greetings from france italy and now south florida
Welcome to you and your dogs
And yes, we love pictures!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
- Jan
- Training Dog
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
- Location: Zoutkamp, NL


Facebook page.

