Hi From Maine!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Hi From Maine!

Post by Drizlaru »

A soon-to-be dutchie owner here, will get a pic in my signature as soon as I figure out how to do so.

So yes, it's cold up here this time of the year! Not much snow, but it's certainly coming!

I own a female Great Dane ( Cassy , 11 months old), who is a real ham, and I love her to pieces.

My new DS pup will be arriving in Jan, and I can't wait! 8-)
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by kchristy »

Awesome! Congrats on the new pup :) Its horrible waiting for a puppy! The day before I got my DS, my son and I stayed up all night! It was like Christmas, just laying in bed wishing I could sleep so that the time would go by. lol Crazy I know!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome! Looking forward to photos!
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum.

The very first Dutch Shepherd that I fostered went to an amazing couple in Maine! They then adopted a companion to her as well. Seems like a great place for the hearty breed!!

Where is your pup coming from? Are you planning any specific activities with it?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome!
Curious where your pup comes from??
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, and same questions!! :D
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by cake73 »

Welcome!
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

My best friend lives near Windsor ME. Yep, its cold up there already. Welcome and cant wait for pics.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Christie M »

Hey there,
I love the disclaimer that you have posted as your signature, but can you add your name again as well?
Thanks!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: Hi From Maine!

Post by Drizlaru »

Done!
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
Post Reply