My wife and I are relatively new DS owners, and since my wife already did a good job of telling the story here I'll refrain from telling it all again here.
Obviously, I am now a big fan of the DS and he's been a true blessing that has brought so many smiles, laughs, and great fun to our lives. I look forward to sharing experiences with you all.
hello
- Ilio
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am
- Tell us about yourself: Owner of a rescued DS, my first, that we adopted on faith without meeting and it was love at first sight. I share our DS, named Ku, with the flyingdutchman on this forum. Ku is the Hawaiian Tiki god of war. Ilio is the Hawaiian word for dog
- Location: CO, USA
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: hello
Glad you "jumped aboard"--welcome.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: hello
Welcome!!
Yes they are a wonderful breed and they do make you smile alot !!
Yes they are a wonderful breed and they do make you smile alot !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: hello
Make you smile, yes...and shake your head. Sometimes simultaneously.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: hello
Welcome, don't forget the times they make you pull your hair out too! 
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: hello
Welcome!
Nice avatar.
Hmm, couldn't get the link to work.
Nice avatar.
Hmm, couldn't get the link to work.
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: hello
hi and welcome. Is that Ku in your avatar?
My husband and I just adopted our first DS through NADSR. We actually just got him Tues. He's around 5ish or so.
My husband and I just adopted our first DS through NADSR. We actually just got him Tues. He's around 5ish or so.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Ilio
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am
- Tell us about yourself: Owner of a rescued DS, my first, that we adopted on faith without meeting and it was love at first sight. I share our DS, named Ku, with the flyingdutchman on this forum. Ku is the Hawaiian Tiki god of war. Ilio is the Hawaiian word for dog
- Location: CO, USA
Re: hello
Sorry if the link didn't work correctly, the long form is http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... f=11&t=843, and yup that's Ku. As for shake my head and pull my hair, he does all of those things but it's part of what makes him so fun. I find his drive and intelligence challenges me, and I get to challenge him back, so we get to grow together.
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Flying Dutchman
- Puppy
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have five dogs: Alex, a chow mix who is now about 14, and four Dutch shepherds (all rescued DS): Ku (Hawaiian God of War), Kane (sounds like "Kahnay"; Hawaiian God of the Sun), Kanaloa (Hawaiian God of the Sea) and Kapua (Hawaiian gods of mischief - the Mischief Makers). Alex is our cheerleader and keeps the 4 DS in line. Three of the DS currently compete in DockDogs and we are trying to convince Lo that water is not evil. Our team name is Hawaiian by Heart which comes from the old joke by my husband that he is "Dutch by blood, Hawaiian by Heart." Our main goal is to promote having fun with your dog (and by doing so becoming partners) and supporting the rescue of the wonderful animals out there in need of homes.
We lost our big lady, Kelley, in May 2012 to cancer and she joins several other angel dogs who are now watching over us. - Location: Denver, Colorado
- Contact:
Re: hello
I forgot to tell you, John...these folks love photos so you'd better start help me share some more of Ku. 
Heather
Denver, Colorado
The Dutch Army: Ku, Kane ("Kahnay"), Kanaloa and Kapua
Their General: Alex
Angels: Kelley, Gryphon, & Casey
http://www.rockymountaindockdogs.com
Be Your Dog's Hero. Support http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
http://dutchshepherdrescue.org/
Denver, Colorado
The Dutch Army: Ku, Kane ("Kahnay"), Kanaloa and Kapua
Their General: Alex
Angels: Kelley, Gryphon, & Casey
http://www.rockymountaindockdogs.com
Be Your Dog's Hero. Support http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
http://dutchshepherdrescue.org/


Facebook page.