hi from FRANCE

For our new members to introduce themselves
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

hi from FRANCE

Post by chimere »

hello I am French
I come to genetic testing information as possible in your country
J have the Dutch Shepherd
thank you
Marie
(sorry google translated / j I fear not always understand)

Image

Image

Image

Image
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome, and nice looking dog!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Schlussdibusti »

welcome! :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Lauren »

Hi Marie. Your dog is beautiful!

Translations are hard, but we are good at trying to figure it out! :mrgreen:

I am so glad to see that you dog herds sheep. I have just began this with my dog and she loves it!

Are you asking about the blood lines of the Dutch Shepherds here? (I am no help in this but there are others that can be!)

Lauren
Lauren from Western NC
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Hello. Welcome to the forum.
The photos are beautiful!
I know that Google is not a perfect translator. But it is very helpful.
Do you have a question about genetic testing or parentage? I did not understand.

Google:
Bonjour. Bienvenue sur le forum.
Les photos sont magnifiques!
Je sais que Google n'est pas un traducteur parfait. Mais il est très utile.
Avez-vous une question sur les tests génétiques ou naissance? Je ne comprenais pas.
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by chimere »

yes, hard to understand ... :roll:

I wish you a good time Lauren with your dog and sheep
very few Dutch Shepherd the flock work in France
shame because it is the original work of this breed

Carole , I want to know that you are testing for the selection
here for colors : http://www.vetgen.com/ordertests.aspx?i ... 20Shepherd
but the dog's health?

thank you for the complient of my dogs

and thank you :google: :lol:

************************************************************

oui très dur de comprendre...

je vous souhaites Lauren de passer de bons moments avec votre chien et les moutons
très peu de berger hollandais travail au troupeau en France
c est dommage car c est le travail d origine de la race

Carole , je voulais savoir les tests pour la sélection d un point de vu santé ?

merci pour les compliments au sujet de mes chiens
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by leih merigian »

Greetings!

Very beautiful dog!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by vneerland »

Bienvenue ici Marie. Moi aussi, comprend pas totallement le nature de ton question.
Tu demande quand nous faisoins la selection pour l'elevage par seletcion pour couleurs (kbr/ky) ou par selection de sante? Comme dysplasie?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by alspyce »

Welcome :wave: Beautiful dogs.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by CaroleBoaz »

chimere wrote:Carole , I want to know that you are testing for the selection
here for colors : http://www.vetgen.com/ordertests.aspx?i ... 20Shepherd
but the dog's health?

thank you for the complient of my dogs

and thank you :google: :lol:
That is very interesting! I have not seen that. But, I had one dog tested for "Mixed Breed". It was many years ago, and the results were not very good. I believe the test is now improved.

My guess is people do not DNA test DS for health or color. But maybe somebody does.

Google:
C'est très intéressant! Je n'ai pas vu cela. Mais, j'ai eu un chien testé pour "Mixed Breed". C'était il ya plusieurs années, et les résultats n'étaient pas très bons. Je crois que le test est maintenant améliorée.

Ma conjecture est des gens ne l'DNA tester le berger hollandais pour la santé ou la couleur. Mais peut-être quelqu'un ne.
Last edited by CaroleBoaz on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Jan »

Welcome/Bienvenue. Nice to see your DS doing sheep herding.
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by CaroleBoaz »

I will add that the American Kennel Club has a DNA program to prove parentage. But, I don't know much about it. And the Dutch Shepherd is not in the AKC, yet.
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Schlussdibusti »

CaroleBoaz wrote: And the Dutch Shepherd is not in the AKC, yet.
...and hopefully never will be. Just seeing the "cripples" of GSD represeneted as "Best in Show" wants me to :puke:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by vneerland »

I second that, schlussdi.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by chimere »

thank you all

I trials to explain:
genetic tests for health in dogs of pure breed :huh:
concerns such as the eyes for example

in France there is nothing for DS
just x-rays for hips (I'm also the elbows)
parentage and genetic identification card
but no genetic test for hereditary health

you do not like dog show? (if I understand correctly)
for me it is possible to have a good and beautiful dog :g_wink:

my dogs are champions of beauty (international, Luxembourg, Belgium, the dog picture 3 and 4 to win the Championship of France 2011 .....)
but they also work (sheep, ring, agility ...)

*****************************************************************

merci à tous

j’essaie de m'expliquer mieux:
tests santé par génétique chez les chiens de pur race ?
comme les soucis aux yeux par exemple

en france il n'y a rien pour DS (BH / HH)
juste les radiographies pour les hanches ( moi je fais aussi les coudes )
la filiation , et carte identification génétique
mais pas de test génétique santé pour dépister des maladies héréditaires

vous n'aimez pas les chiens de show ? (si je comprends correctement)
pour moi il est possible d'avoir un bon et beau chien

mes chiens sont champions de beauté ( international , Luxembourg , Belgique , le chien de l'image 3 et 4 à gagné le championnat de france 2011 .....)
mais ils font aussi du travail (mouton , ring , agility ...)
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by GSDNanny »

Hearty welcome to you!! Awesome to see the photos of your dog herding. My next DS I plan to introduce to herding early. (Yeh, I said 'next' lol! - one day).

@ Eva, what she said too concerning the GSD showlines in the states.

You know, wonder if there is a world map that can be pegged where each of this forum's members are located now - ?? Would be interesting as we as DS enthusiasts have expanded around the world!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by chimere »

http://www.mappemonde.net/admin/login.php
for adminitrator ;)

(Website category "chiens")
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by Schlussdibusti »

you do not like dog show? (if I understand correctly)
for me it is possible to have a good and beautiful dog
I'm all for beauty and brains :mrgreen: and I am happy to read that it is possible, in France at least. This is what I mean with AKC "Best in Show" cripples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z14VIsQMfU

Isn't this absolutely horrible! I shed tears of anger and sadness, can't even watch the full lenght of the video.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by vneerland »

chimere wrote:thank you all

I trials to explain:
genetic tests for health in dogs of pure breed :huh:
concerns such as the eyes for example
It is available for those who care to check for it, but not many do in the USA. We would be happy, to start with, if all breeders checked for hips and elbows. Eye problems are an issue with the rough coated DS's, but so far, thank God, not with the short haired. The long hair is rumored to be prone to temperament issues (and you cannot test for that) and possibly thyroid problems. There are not many Long hairs in the USA. Mainly short hair and many of those are KNVP lineage.
in France there is nothing for DS
just x-rays for hips (I'm also the elbows)
parentage and genetic identification card
but no genetic test for hereditary health
Here, there is not even an parentage check. Good breeders will check for skelletal soundness, but coat color (kbr/ky) is never done that I know of, and there are, thank goodness, no genetic issues know concerning other hereditary health issues (other than the rough and long hair, who are virtually not present on this continent)
you do not like dog show? (if I understand correctly)
for me it is possible to have a good and beautiful dog :g_wink:
I do not like AKC. :mrgreen: (that is sister organization for the FCI in the USA) They ruined too many breeds for nice dogs to horrible wrecks, all for the sake of the 'pedigree'. In the USA, the only club that recognizes the DS, is the UKC, who is not FCI affiliated. UKC does have shows though.
my dogs are champions of beauty (international, Luxembourg, Belgium, the dog picture 3 and 4 to win the Championship of France 2011 .....)
but they also work (sheep, ring, agility ...)
Lovely pictures of brindles working sheep! 8-)
What are your bloodlines?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

Re: hi from FRANCE

Post by chimere »

horrible video

we need not reach this with the DS! :nay:
the concern is not to arrive at work VS lines show lines
(but in France there already DS ...)
Example: German Shepherd, Belgian Shepherd, Kelpie, Australian Shepherd, and yet others
we need to find a good average

for genetic testing I understand
Fortunately, the DS is healthy enough

Sheet 3 of my dogs (grandmother, mother and daughter)
sorry there has to be updated ...

http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... bles-Noirs
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... 244/266%29
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... f-the-Moon

*********************************************************************

horrible la vidéo

nous devons pas arriver à cela avec le DS !
le soucis est aussi de ne pas arriver aux lignées travail VS show lignées
(mais en france il y a déjà en DS ... )
exemple : berger allemand , berger belge , kelpie , berger australien et encore d autres
il faut trouver une bonne moyenne (un juste milieux)

pour les tests génétique je comprends
heureusement que le DS est assez sain

fiche de mes 3 chiens (grand mère , mère et fille )
désolé il y a des mise à jour à faire ...
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
Post Reply