Hi

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
stormcat
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi there fellow Dutch lovers, my name is Laura and I'm hoping to be the proud owner of my first dutch shepherd soon!

Hi

Post by stormcat »

Hi fellow Dutchie enthusiasts!
I am soon to be new owner. I was looking at the Malinois, but I think they are too too crazy for me :D . I'd like to do personal protection with him, and maybe get into the UKC agility and check out dock diving, as I read the breed likes water. Generally I just like to hike and it will be great to have a furry friend along!
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi

Post by vneerland »

Hello Stormcat. Thanks for your intro. Now all we would like to learn is your name, m/f, your social security number, the balance on your bank account, your location and marital status and the size of your jeans.

:mrgreen:
Okay. Just kidding! But a real name would be nice. ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hi

Post by kchristy »

Welcome :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome!

Don't believe everything you read, Stormy. Some of them like water, some not so much. All depends on the individual.

Where are you getting your pup from?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hi

Post by alspyce »

Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Hi

Post by Lauren »

Welcome! Get yourelf some hiking shoes and some nice thick firehose pants and come along with us! :mrgreen:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome ! Hiking is great with them! They love to sniff and find things and eat things they shouldn't. Not sure about the Mal Crazier than the DS. Sadie is more rambunctious than my mal.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome! Where are you getting your DS?
Image
Post Reply