Hi from Northern Illinois
-
Skout0701
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am
- Tell us about yourself: We are the parents of Skout, a 2 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd. He is our world and everything revolves around him!
Hi from Northern Illinois
We are the parents of Skout, our 2 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd. We recently just moved here from sunny South Florida. Our dog keeps us busy and moving. We have never exercised so much in our lives since he came to my husbands and my life. I'm glad to be a part of a community that understands the special Dutch Shepherds. I look forward to knowing everyone and hearing of their own Dutch Shepherds.
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome !!
Yes the are very *special*
Yes the are very *special*
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- FlipFlop
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Flip- Dutch Shepherd- 2 years old
- Location: NW Subarbs of Chicago
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome! What area are you in? I'm located pretty close to Elgin and Algonquin!
Kirsten
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome!
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Haha, when I lived in "Chicagoland", those were NOT suburbs! LOL! When I was child around 1967 my family lived near Wauconda. We called that "The Boonies". Elgin was farm country. Algonquin was a dot on the map. That's where my father and mother live now. (LITH)FlipFlop wrote:Welcome! What area are you in? I'm located pretty close to Elgin and Algonquin!
-
Skout0701
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am
- Tell us about yourself: We are the parents of Skout, a 2 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd. He is our world and everything revolves around him!
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
We are located in Antioch Il.
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Hi there and welcome!
So, what's your name? (Create a signature in the user control panel, top left...you won't have to type it out again
)
Glad you joined us
So, what's your name? (Create a signature in the user control panel, top left...you won't have to type it out again
Glad you joined us
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- FlipFlop
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Flip- Dutch Shepherd- 2 years old
- Location: NW Subarbs of Chicago
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Yep, it's amazing how things have built up out here! This area is nice though- still some farm fields to feel like you're in the country but just minutes from any store/restaurant you could imagine!Haha, when I lived in "Chicagoland", those were NOT suburbs! LOL! When I was child around 1967 my family lived near Wauconda. We called that "The Boonies". Elgin was farm country. Algonquin was a dot on the map. That's where my father and mother live now. (LITH)
Antioch is a nice area as well! Love the little downtown area there!
Kirsten
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome aboard, Flipflop!!
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Welcome to the forum. I visit the Chicago area at least 2 times a year to teach at Camp Dogwood (www.campdogwood.com) and would LOVE to see some more brindles up that way! I've also had a few clients up that way when I'm in the area. If you are looking for training outlets or a great activity to do with your Dutch, check out Ashlee Trotter of Creative Paws. She is an AWESOME agility instructor, and I think she is doing some rally as well. She is located in Des Plaines, but her classes are out of Winecka (sp?) which is closer to you!
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
Skout0701
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am
- Tell us about yourself: We are the parents of Skout, a 2 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd. He is our world and everything revolves around him!
Re: Hi from Northern Illinois
Thanks everyone,
I'll look into creative paws, Skout's always been in some kind of training 'cause he's got some dog issues but he's sidelined from playing ball in the park right now, he broke a toe!
hopefully in 2 weeks he'll be back to his old self again.
Angie and Patrick
I'll look into creative paws, Skout's always been in some kind of training 'cause he's got some dog issues but he's sidelined from playing ball in the park right now, he broke a toe!
hopefully in 2 weeks he'll be back to his old self again.
Angie and Patrick
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:


Facebook page.
