Greetings from the South
-
lucy40
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have two Dutch Shepherd littermates, male, who will be 6 years old in April. We are Therapy Dog International certified and I use them in my classroom to assist with reluctant learners. My boys are my heart and soul.
- Location: SC
Greetings from the South
Hi all,
Thanks for letting me join up with your group; I've been a Dutch Shepherd mom to two male littermates who will be 6 in a few months. Life hasn't been the same since they joined me, and I can't wait to learn from your experiences, too.
Thanks for letting me join up with your group; I've been a Dutch Shepherd mom to two male littermates who will be 6 in a few months. Life hasn't been the same since they joined me, and I can't wait to learn from your experiences, too.
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Greetings from the South
Hi Lucy, Welcome! I bet your life hasn't been the same! Double the fun. How far south are you?
Lauren from Western NC
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Greetings from the South
welcome. Interesting line of work your boys have. Any pics?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Greetings from the South
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: Greetings from the South
Greetings. Photos required.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Greetings from the South
Welcome! Raising two littermates! Oh my...
bet you're glad they're adults now
bet you're glad they're adults now
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Greetings from the South
Welcome!
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Greetings from the South
Welcome to the group! We are happy to hear of your adventures!
If you can, please take a minute and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Then you don't have to remember to sign posts and we will all remember who we are talking to!
If you can, please take a minute and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Then you don't have to remember to sign posts and we will all remember who we are talking to!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
lucy40
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have two Dutch Shepherd littermates, male, who will be 6 years old in April. We are Therapy Dog International certified and I use them in my classroom to assist with reluctant learners. My boys are my heart and soul.
- Location: SC
Re: Greetings from the South
Thanks so much for the welcome! I've gotten so busy with work and the pups that I have been negligent to respond. I'd love to share some pictures as I've been enjoying yours so much. That's the goal for the weekend. I "lurked" on shepherd pages for years admiring all the beautiful dogs and getting as much information as I could from kind people who would share their experiences, so now it's pretty exciting to have my own guys to show off a little bit now <3. Thanks again for having me
.
-
lucy40
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have two Dutch Shepherd littermates, male, who will be 6 years old in April. We are Therapy Dog International certified and I use them in my classroom to assist with reluctant learners. My boys are my heart and soul.
- Location: SC
Re: Greetings from the South
Lauren, I'm in northern Greenville County, SC, about 60 miles from Asheville, NC
.
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Greetings from the South
Hey, you are right down the road from me! I live in tryon, nc. We ought to get the striped beasts together sometime!
Lauren from Western NC
-
lucy40
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have two Dutch Shepherd littermates, male, who will be 6 years old in April. We are Therapy Dog International certified and I use them in my classroom to assist with reluctant learners. My boys are my heart and soul.
- Location: SC
Re: Greetings from the South
Wow, Lauren, Tryon is my idea of heaven! What beautiful country that is. I'd love to meet your pack. I have been trying to post pictures of my guys following the very clear instructions on the FAQ page, but I'm having no luck at all!
Have you lived in Tryon long?
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Greetings from the South
Thanks! I have been here about 28 years. My hubby joined me 21 years ago. I grew up in Fla so I really appreciate the mountains and the change of seasons!
I haven't figured out how to get a photo small enough for my signature, but if you size them down to 'small' or 'medium', the regular posts should accept it!
I haven't figured out how to get a photo small enough for my signature, but if you size them down to 'small' or 'medium', the regular posts should accept it!
Lauren from Western NC


Facebook page.