From WV

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

From WV

Post by MeganBays »

Hey everyone,

My name is Megan Bays and I'm from the Charleston WV area. I have a small breeding kennel and also sell dogs to police departments. We are hoping to finally be able to enter the sport field this year with several of our dogs.

Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: From WV

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Megan.

That's a very nice website you have, and looks like some very serious dogs, too :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: From WV

Post by MeganBays »

Thanks Leih!

Ahhh they are just teddy bears :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Megan Bays
http://www.kolemountainkennels.com
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: From WV

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: From WV

Post by Raven »

Welcome.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: From WV

Post by kchristy »

Welcome, nice site. Bor is so handsome!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: From WV

Post by wahinelf »

Great looking dogs! And great site :D Welcome
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: From WV

Post by Christie M »

Welcome Megan. What sports are you planning to compete in?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: From WV

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: From WV

Post by Marjolein »

ow Welcome, I felt like you had been on this forum for ages already, we must have "met" before... (facebook?)
Image
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: From WV

Post by MeganBays »

Christie M wrote:Welcome Megan. What sports are you planning to compete in?
Hi Christie, we are hoping to be able to trial Bor at the Cinnci PSA trial, Loki and Sway in SchH. I'd like to do K9 Nosework with one of the girls if the interest picks up around here any more. I'd also like to try out some of the performance sports like agility or dock diving for fun.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: From WV

Post by Christie M »

MeganBays wrote:
Christie M wrote:Welcome Megan. What sports are you planning to compete in?
Hi Christie, we are hoping to be able to trial Bor at the Cinnci PSA trial,
Awesome. I'll see you there. Matt and I are both going to try to show that weekend.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: From WV

Post by k9katet »

Good luck to all 3 of you!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Selena
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
Contact:

Re: From WV

Post by Selena »

MeganBays wrote:Thanks Leih!

Ahhh they are just teddy bears :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Megan Bays
http://www.kolemountainkennels.com

Yes, they are.... :wtg: :mrgreen: for their own people...

Hi girl, give kisses to wichie and bor from me!
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: From WV

Post by MeganBays »

Selena wrote:
Hi girl, give kisses to wichie and bor from me!
She gets a big smack on the head bc she just slimed one of the puppies when I was trying to take a pic of him.

Bor I hugged a few min ago. ;)

Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
Post Reply