Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Our local newspaper today ran a photo of people skating on the canal in Amsterdam-Netherlands. It spoke of all the volunteers who have shoveled snow so that they can have the Elfstedentocht race (11 cities tour) for the first time in 15 years! The paper wasn't mine, but I will see if I can get a copy of the photo.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
The "Elfstedentocht" has been cancelled as well as some other great skate tours elsewhere in the country, the ice isn't reliable enough for the tens of thousand spectators to be expected. Temperatures are rising the next days so the ice on the canals and lakes doesn't grow enough, it has to be 16 cm. thick at least. There is a small chance however that this rising will only be temporarely and that temperatures will drop next week. We keep our fingers crossed and meanwhile I do a lot of skating myself.
Tell us about yourself: I have two Dutch Shepherd littermates, male, who will be 6 years old in April. We are Therapy Dog International certified and I use them in my classroom to assist with reluctant learners. My boys are my heart and soul.