not new but we've been gone for a while!!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by Kristie E »

Hey all!!
felt like I've been gone so long I needed to say hi again !!!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by Marjolein »

welcome back :D Where have you been?? :dsangry: :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by alspyce »

I wondered what had happened to you! Glad you're back.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome back!

Whatcha been up to?
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:stickman: I was wondering where you were!! Yeah !! your back !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by leih merigian »

Hey there! Glad to see you're back!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by Kristie E »

got busy working this summer at our ice cream shop and then went into hibernation .. I have the great brindle blankey that keeps me warm and amazingly it never falls off and it literally moves when you move.. actually, I got sick this fall and didn't have the energy to do much .. poor gwen has been wasting away and now she is on a diet because my husband likes to let her lick the dinner plates... :roll: /
she has been sweating me for food constantly ... and then begs to go outside to see if she can find something tasty on the ground :o
I am glad to be feeling better and I missed you all ... now for the work of getting back to training and hopefully a spring PDC PSA trial if not then later this summer..
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: not new but we've been gone for a while!!

Post by leih merigian »

Hope you're all better now! (hate it when that happens :mrgreen: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply