Hi from Cali
-
dantesmom
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have been working with dogs in various capacities since highschool. I studied biomedical science in college with the intent to become a veterinarian and decided the animal behaviour side was much more fascinating. I was always looking to do more, and achieve more and happened across the Dutch Shepherd during a Discovery Channel program that was not even dog related (long story). I began going to K-9 trials locally and watching watch police officers can do with their dogs and fell in love with that kind of training over schutzhund. Dante is the light of my life and we have tons of fun together.
Hi from Cali
Good evening, like you I am a Dutch Shepherd fanatic. I like to do my own version of k-9 training with Dante. I have socialized the daylights out of him. His obedience is pretty clean, although I am not into competitions so its hard to say how clean he is. Has anyone noticed a social or phsychological change in their Dutchies at about age 3? I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. I was trying to raise him with a littermate despite being warned by police officers and the breeder that it could pose a huge problem. Which..
it did, so I put the brother on a police force and kept Dante. He is the light of my life and I have really prided myself on him being able to do k-9 type work and yet be well enough socialized to get along with people, kids, and all sorts of other animals. In the last months there has been a sudden change in that regard so just wondering if there is a developmental stage around age 3 that I have missed particular to Dutchies?
- KRoberts626
- Puppy
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: New Dutch Shepherd owner. Used to own/train Beaucerons.
Re: Hi from Cali
what does he do?
*********
Kristen Roberts
Vrijheid's Guitan aka "Ziva" - Dutch Shepherd
Ryne des Chevaliers du Noir, CGC, FR trained (RIP 12/07 - Beauceron)
Kristen Roberts
Vrijheid's Guitan aka "Ziva" - Dutch Shepherd
Ryne des Chevaliers du Noir, CGC, FR trained (RIP 12/07 - Beauceron)
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from Cali
Welcome, dantesmom!
Please tell us your name and a bit about yourself (there is an intro section). Also, FYI, you can create a signature that will automatically show up on all of your posts (see User Control Panel, upper left corner).
I'm curious to find out what he's doing that's different, too.
Please tell us your name and a bit about yourself (there is an intro section). Also, FYI, you can create a signature that will automatically show up on all of your posts (see User Control Panel, upper left corner).
I'm curious to find out what he's doing that's different, too.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: Hi from Cali
WELCOME, Dantes mom (?name)!!
Denise Gatlin
Louisiana
Denise Gatlin
Louisiana
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana


Facebook page.