Fun in the backyard

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Fun in the backyard

Post by ICE »

Here are some pics of Ice and my other dogs having fun in the backyard on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
DSCN0490.JPG
DSCN0490.JPG (178.09 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
DSCN0508.JPG
DSCN0508.JPG (108.65 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
DSCN0496.JPG
DSCN0496.JPG (116.14 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
DSCN0492.JPG
DSCN0492.JPG (177.19 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
DSCN0487.JPG
DSCN0487.JPG (166.41 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
DSCN0478.JPG
DSCN0478.JPG (260.34 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
Patty and Ice
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by felixone123 »

awesome pics. How old is Ice? He is adorable.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by ICE »

Ice will be 16 weeks on thursday

Patty
Patty and Ice
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by leih merigian »

He's just adorable.

What a great backyard! So nice and flat! You could have a great agility field out there :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by Isis »

Ice Ice baby!! Can't get enough Ice pics!!! :D
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by Jan »

Nice pictures. What a cute looking puppy.
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by alspyce »

Very nice. Looks like a keeper! (used that as a name once. :roll: )
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by Lauren »

leih merigian wrote: What a great backyard! So nice and flat! You could have a great agility field out there :lol:
that is what I was thinking!Or maybe a herding ring? :lol: My yard is billy goat territory!

All your dogs are beautiful!
Lauren from Western NC
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by ICE »

leih merigian wrote:He's just adorable.

What a great backyard! So nice and flat! You could have a great agility field out there :lol:
:lol: Actually all the agility equipment is in the building out back :lol:

Patty
Patty and Ice
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by ICE »

Thanks for the nice comments. Ice is a really fun guy!! I think him and I will make a great Schutzhund team!
One thing I am struggling with is Mufasa (the black GSD) hates him... :cry: and Ice is not getting the "leave him alone" thing. Mufasa never bothers him unless Ice comes up to him to play, then he growls and snarls and circles me!! :shock: Which makes Ice want to play more and Mufasa want to growl more!! Any ideas are welcomed. They are never together unattended, but I would like to have a happy pack while I am there and not have to separate dogs.

Patty
Patty and Ice
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by leih merigian »

Patty, Ice is so very young yet! It's going to take him a long time to understand to leave the GSD alone. It's not really that much different from teaching/training a young pup that cats are off limits.

So, you have to absolutely prevent Ice from getting at or to your GSD. I didn't notice a drag line on your puppy outside...he should always be wearing one until he's old enough to obey your "leave it," including when it regards the GSD.

I wouldn't let him approach the GSD, etc. So, obviously, you always need to be in a position to be able to step on that dragline and prevent him from approaching the other dog. Define an amount of space beyond he can't approach, period, then enforce it.

He'll get it. It'll take a while, but one fine day, they'll be able to be loose together...with some luck and hard work :D (or he'll get smart enough to listen when the other dog tells him to bug off :lol: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Fun in the backyard

Post by Marjolein »

great pics! Nice looking pup 8-)
Image
Post Reply