Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Sugars Mom »

I am so cozy snuggling here with Dad...
Image

Was that a flash that went off?
Image

You woke me up, you know!
Image

Really...can I get back to sleep now?
Image

Thanks. Now I gotta find that comfortable spot again...ahh, here it is!
Image
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Diesel
Green Dog
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Diesel »

Super cute pictures!

Oh how I love to snuggle with the dogs!
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Lauren »

Aww, what a sweetie. You know this is the price for being adorable, Sugar. Paparatzi everywhere! :D
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
Diesel
Green Dog
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Diesel »

Heres a couch snuggle picture that my husband took one friday night after I passed out watching a movie! Halo woke up unfortunately when he took the picture but Diesel is hillarious, he loves to spoon!
Attachments
passed out.jpg
passed out.jpg (61.65 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by felixone123 »

She looks so cozy with her daddy. Cute pics!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by leih merigian »

I've got one word...precious!

They're just too freakin' precious.

I had to sleep on the couch last nite...no I wasn't bad :lol: . The sawing of logs was just too noisy in our bedroom.

So off I went with my bedding and such, made my couch bed, got into it, and let me tell you, this couch is barely big enough for me to sleep on by myself. Geyser, of course, had to join me :roll: . So, as long as I stayed on my side, which freed up just enough space at the bottom for her to curl up behind my feet, it worked...well, sort of :lol: .

We both crawled back into the real bed when the morning shift got up in there :wtg:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Isis »

I don't like it when I have to sleep on the couch because of the chainsaw effect in the bedroom! I sympathize! Still, the snuggling pics are extremely cute!!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Aww, too cute, Sugar and her daddy. Love the sleepy face :mrgreen:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Sugars Mom »

And Diesel really likes to spoon...hes ready to fall off the couch to be there!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by wahinelf »

Sugar is ADORABLE! How much does she weigh (if she doesn't mind my asking)? :shock:
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Marjolein »

awww, how sweet :mrgreen: Ivil loves to snuggle too, Dingo hates it big time :D
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by alspyce »

How could you not love a dog as cute as Sugar! Glad she's part of our group, always love her pics. It looks like Dad kind of enjoys the snuggle time too.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sugar is so adorable!!!! such a tiny cute package!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by kchristy »

They are all so cute, Merlin loves to snuggle too. Sugar has the sweetest face, even more so when she is sleepy :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Sugars Mom »

wahinelf wrote:Sugar is ADORABLE! How much does she weigh (if she doesn't mind my asking)? :shock:
She is mini sized at only 30 lbs...her Mom was a 30 lb labradoodle/terrier thing...looks NOTHING like her Mom other then size.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Raven »

Daddy doesn't love his sugar-girl much. Somewhere in a thread, there's one of her in the front seat waiting for her boys to get out of school. That's a favorite. She's too stinkin' cute. I can't stand it.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by Sugars Mom »

And he didn't want to get a dog...but now he's hooked :D

Another cat person converted :wtg:
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by kchristy »

sweet!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Sugar snuggling with Daddy

Post by GSDNanny »

Sugar baby, her name fits her! What a doll. Love the pictures.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply