Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
- Taz
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
- Location: Fayetteville, NC
Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Hi everybody,
My name is Jochen.I'm originally from Germany but moved to United States 3 years ago. I have a three year old daughter and another one on the way. My wife is stationed here with the Army at Fort Bragg (Fayetteville, NC). We just adopted a 5 month old DS from NADSR. His name is Taz (or known as Oliver) and some of you may have seen him on the NADSR Facebook page.
My name is Jochen.I'm originally from Germany but moved to United States 3 years ago. I have a three year old daughter and another one on the way. My wife is stationed here with the Army at Fort Bragg (Fayetteville, NC). We just adopted a 5 month old DS from NADSR. His name is Taz (or known as Oliver) and some of you may have seen him on the NADSR Facebook page.
Jochen and Taz
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
hi and welcome. Yes, I saw him on FB from NADSR. Adorable puppy!! Love the name change to Taz!! We rescued our Odin from NADSR also. He is about 4 years and came to us on Dec 27th - he is our 1st dutch and a joy!!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Wie gehts!
Glad you found us...get ready to upload a lot of pics of Taz
Glad you found us...get ready to upload a lot of pics of Taz
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Welcome to the group. One of my very closest friends is in Fayetteville and her husband is out of Fort Bragg. She has Malinois and a DS that she also adopted from NADSR. She trains in French Ring. Let me know if you would like to be put in touch with her!!
Congrats and thank you for saving a life.
Congrats and thank you for saving a life.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Taz
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
- Location: Fayetteville, NC
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Here are some pictures of Taz
- Attachments
-
- Picture5.jpg (305.1 KiB) Viewed 9756 times
-
- Picture4.jpg (256.86 KiB) Viewed 9756 times
-
- Picture3.jpg (199.8 KiB) Viewed 9756 times
-
- right after the long trip from Delaware to NC
- Picture2.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 9756 times
Jochen and Taz
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Welcome, Love the name--also used it myself, but on a 5lb. Yorkie.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
love the shot where he is so very focused on something. Beautiful baby!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- MeganBays
- Green Dog
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Welcome to the forum
there is also a very nice SchH club in the Fayetteville area with a few Dutchies at it.
Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
www.kolemountainkennels.com
- Jan
- Training Dog
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
- Location: Zoutkamp, NL
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
welcome!! he is adorable!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
What a cutie!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Congrats on the puppy and welcome to the forum!
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
- wahinelf
- Green Dog
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
- Location: Boston, MA
- Contact:
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
What a good looking boy! Congrats and welcome!
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Nice looking dog...sure recognize those expessions!!
Sue (and Sugar)

-
Kgazlay
- Puppy
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a women of a certain age who adopted my dog Ozzy two years ago. He is a beautiful short haired black and gold brindle. Unfortunately in the first year of his life he had four owners and a short stint in the pound because the people who took him had no idea what the breed is about. He has become a loving companion who loves his walks and particularly going to the off leash park and running with the other dogs. He is truly my best friend.
Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC
Welcome! Beautiful dog!! He has very similar coloring to my Oz.
Kathy and Ozzy "Prince of Darkness" Gazlay
Kansas City, MO
"Animals are such agreeable friends - They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" - George Elliott
Kansas City, MO
"Animals are such agreeable friends - They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" - George Elliott


Facebook page.
