New from Ontario, Canada

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
lincoln_16
Just Whelped
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a Belgian Malinois and eventually will be owning a Dutch Shepherd as well
Location: Ontario, Canada

New from Ontario, Canada

Post by lincoln_16 »

I currently do not own a Dutch Shepherd but do own a 4.5 Belgian Malinois. His dad was a 3/4 Malinois and 1/4 GSD and the mom was pure Malinois. I am currently looking into the Dutch Shepherd. My Goal is to own a Malinois, Dutch Shepherd and German Shepherd at the same time, call me crazy haha. I also own an 8 year old Toy poodle cross and a 1.5 year old kitty

Heres some pics
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
lincoln_16
Just Whelped
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a Belgian Malinois and eventually will be owning a Dutch Shepherd as well
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by lincoln_16 »

Lincoln is my Malinois, Ruby my poodle mix and Riot is my cat :)
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum. That is a lot of GSD poking through those genetics. :D
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by felixone123 »

welcome and nice pics. Beautiful markings on Lincoln, but what I love is the dog and cat TOGETHER on the car. Mine is a work in progress......hmmmmmmmmm.........have to show Odin another pic of cat and dog.
Nice family you have there.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome. It's just amazing how much GSD comes thru!

When are you thinking of getting a DS?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome! I grew up in London ON.

I wish my dog and cat would curl up together...very nice.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome

here's a preview for you:

Image

GSD, (blue) Mali, DS
aka Laska, Brenda and Ivil

and in action:
Image
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by felixone123 »

they look like a handful :yernuts:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
lincoln_16
Just Whelped
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a Belgian Malinois and eventually will be owning a Dutch Shepherd as well
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by lincoln_16 »

hahaha I like the pic of all three. I can see I am not the only one who has lost their mind :D

Yeah, the only GSD that shows through is his size and some of the markings and ears. Anything else is Malinois...from his "I have to go go go go go NOW" energy level to his temperament, speed, etc.

I plan in the near future to get a Dutch Shepherd, not 100% sure when just waiting for finances to pick up
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by Choochi »

Hello from Toronto :)
Choochi
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by Marjolein »

ow, only the DS (Ivil) is mine, she always goes "on vacation" when she is in heat (I have a male too...) to my friend, my friend used to have this GSD and Mali. We always made fun of this "drielanden punt" (3 country-point) which is an area in the south of Holland where Holland, Germany and Belgium meet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaalserber ... ntry_Point
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!

My house seems to always be in a state of chaos. Here are my three outside. At least I moved the chaos out of the house once in a while.

No GSDs for me, though. I'll stick with the smaller dogs with pointy ears.

Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by vneerland »

Welcome, person from Ontario. Did I miss you name? :oops:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
lincoln_16
Just Whelped
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a Belgian Malinois and eventually will be owning a Dutch Shepherd as well
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New from Ontario, Canada

Post by lincoln_16 »

Oh my name is Autumn :)
Post Reply