hi everyone from northern Virginia

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Cam
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:43 am
Tell us about yourself: I am retired /Air Force. We love rescuing dogs and especially working with socially traumatized dogs. We have a fenced back yard and great town to walk the dogs as well. We love the outdoors such as hiking and back packing. I enjoy road biking at a serious level as well...250 miles each week. Our dutch Shepard is named Timber and is a rescue dog.

hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by Cam »

We weren't looking for a Shepard this time around as our last loving wonderful German Shepard Henry died of a massive coronary last December while wagging his tail awaiting to be taken out. Alas, this brindle dog we were introduced to didn't sell himself well, but we've worked with traumatized dogs before so we decided to adopt Timber. We had no idea of the Dutch Shepard breed until we meet someone at a dog park that suggested it. Alas, another Shepard in our midst and we weren't even looking for one. Perhaps he isn't registered, and probably a mix since his tail curls upward, but the marking are distinct including the face. All that doesn't matter, we have a two year old loving caring and protective dog that is adjusting to other people and dogs very quickly. He's been with us for about 6 months and loves to run, play, and go on hikes.
He also is a great mate for our other dog that is a true rescue and wonderful pet.
It's nice to discover this breed!! :)
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by Dutchringgirl »

You werent looking, thats why you found him! Very happy for both of you! Welcome
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
WorkingK9
Puppy
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)
Location: Northern VA / Maryland
Contact:

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by WorkingK9 »

welcome.. we would love to see pics :)
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by LyonsFamily »

That's how the best dogs are found. I wanted a Tervuren, my friend convinced me to look at a Malinois in a rescue foster home, and this Dutch Shepherd was being fostered there as well.

Welcome to the group! Pics would be awesome (although I can't expect too much, I haven't uploaded any yet either, one of these days I'll charge the camera)
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by wahinelf »

Welcome!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by kchristy »

Welcome and Congrats!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by Drizlaru »

Welcome!
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by vneerland »

Welcome N-VA person.
Would love to see pics of your dog, as well as a name for you ;) If you don't mind, you can create a signature in your profile so we don't have to keep wondering who is who again. :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: hi everyone from northern Virginia

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :D
Image
Post Reply