Hello from France

For our new members to introduce themselves
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Hello

I'm french, sorry if my english is not perfect. i was looking for a forum about dutch shepherd because in France they are are not really active.
I live in brittany in the west. I have 3 dogs, an old labrador, a 4 years old crossed dog, and a 7 months old dutch shepherd which is doing agility, obedience, a little herding, and a little ring too. And when he will be older i'll go running with him too.
I'm looking forward to discover the american descendants ( i don't if it's the correct word :? ) of dutch shepherds, as in France we always see the same breeders.
Thank you for letting me joining the forum :)
Image
Sophie/Anzio
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from France

Post by alspyce »

Welcome :wave:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Thank you :)
Image
Sophie/Anzio
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello from France

Post by felixone123 »

hello and welcome!!
you must show us pics of your puppy!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from France

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome! Yes, pics please!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hello from France

Post by Jan »

Welcome
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hello from France

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from France

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! :Wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Thanks every one. I'll open a topic to present him then ;)
Image
Sophie/Anzio
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from France

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome Gwen and ?? (what's your DutchShep's name by the way?)!!! Do post pics often.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Christie M »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would love to know the lines of your dog :D Many of the Dutch Shepherds in my home go back to French Dutch Shepherds.

Also, if you can, please re-visit the user control panel and add your name to your signature. It just helps us keep everyone straight!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from France

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome!! My older girl is from France.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Thanks for the welcomes

this is G'anzio du domaine des sphinx noirsImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

he is quite dark, took this from his father.
Christie the lines :D

parents
Storm Haven Diabolik Instinct x Cayenne du domaine des sphinx noirs

grand parents
Storm Haven T'ultime x Storm Haven Rasia -
Storm Haven Tango x Unsolite des fonds de gueule

grand grand parents
Storm Haven ringo jr x Storm Haven rotter'dame
Ringo VD Vastenow x Storm Haven Jenna
Lockness du clos Bourguignon x Storm Haven Rasia
Nico Van Neerland x Olympe de la fureur de vivre
Image
Sophie/Anzio
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Christie M wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. I would love to know the lines of your dog :D Many of the Dutch Shepherds in my home go back to French Dutch Shepherds.

Also, if you can, please re-visit the user control panel and add your name to your signature. It just helps us keep everyone straight!
I looked the lines of your dog, you meant Crocs de l'Olympe ?
I have a friend who has a female Crocs de l'olympe ;)

Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter ;)
Image
Sophie/Anzio
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from France

Post by Sugars Mom »

Gorgeous dog!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from France

Post by vneerland »

Bienvenue, Gwen and Anzio.
You have a distant relative of my Nico (van Neerland) and he says hi. :twisted:
Gwen wrote:Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter ;)
Yes, but that IS genetically possible, without having to have crossed in something illegal. :lol:
It is not usual anymore, I admit that, but genetically totally possible.
(I am wondering if those longhair pups will be registered as long hair DS or short hair DS)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Gwen
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: hello, I'm french, i live in brittany, i have 3 dogs, a 12 years old labrador, a 7 months old dutch shepherd and a 4 years old crossed dog.

Re: Hello from France

Post by Gwen »

Nico was your dog :D that's cool !!
Yes the 2 parents were short haired. It's interesting as they will have the short haired caracter for work. There isn't a lot of long haired working in ring or security.
Image
Sophie/Anzio
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from France

Post by alspyce »

vneerland wrote:Bienvenue, Gwen and Anzio.
You have a distant relative of my Nico (van Neerland) and he says hi. :twisted:
Gwen wrote:Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter ;)
Yes, but that IS genetically possible, without having to have crossed in something illegal. :lol:
It is not usual anymore, I admit that, but genetically totally possible.
(I am wondering if those longhair pups will be registered as long hair DS or short hair DS)
It would be interesting to see the pedigree of the parents and try to pinpoint the "coated' carriers. Perhaps a job for you Judith? :whistle: The knowledge of what lines certain traits come from can be invaluable at times. (If you care enough to study such things.).
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from France

Post by vneerland »

Gwen wrote:Nico was your dog :D that's cool !!
Yes, Nico IS ;) my dog. (it is him in my avatar)
alspyce wrote:It would be interesting to see the pedigree of the parents and try to pinpoint the "coated' carriers. Perhaps a job for you Judith? :whistle: The knowledge of what lines certain traits come from can be invaluable at times. (If you care enough to study such things.).
I know that Arras (Pegge) had some long haired pups once. It takes two carriers, and when both recessive alleles for long hair get together, then voila...LH (more or less, not quite as long as full LH) pups.
I will have to write the pedigree out and see who is related to whom. I never had any LH pups, nor have I heard of any LH pups from Nico, but yes, it is interesting to try to figure it out. 8-) (For the record: I have no problem with it myself. I liked the looks of the LH Arras pup that I once met)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from France

Post by GSDNanny »

Well I'll be dog-gone. It's a family reunion! :hug: I'm sure that is really fun to connect related dogs online. :wtg:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply