I love my Dutch Shepherd

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
casurfchic
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 pm
Tell us about yourself: I got a 6 month old puppy from a rescue. Turns out I got really lucky, he is a ducth shepherd. I had never heard of the breed. I love him, he is the best! I named him Camber. He is now 9 months. I train with him daily. We are working on not digging in the back yard!

I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by casurfchic »

I adopted my dog Camber 3 months ago. He was 6 months when I got him. He is super smart, very loving, and very playful. I think he might be a mix. The only reason I say that is he has a very wide jaw and a shorter snout then I have seen on most DS. Other than that he is a dead ringer DS. What do you think? I will love him either way! :)
Attachments
539289_342922822432749_100001451033002_899488_234235275_n.jpeg
539289_342922822432749_100001451033002_899488_234235275_n.jpeg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Dutchringgirl »

handsome! My first thought would be pit. He has the square head and short stout muzzle.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Sugars Mom »

I see pit too...got more pics?
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by wahinelf »

Look at those beautiful ears. Great looking boy, lets see more pics!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
casurfchic
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 pm
Tell us about yourself: I got a 6 month old puppy from a rescue. Turns out I got really lucky, he is a ducth shepherd. I had never heard of the breed. I love him, he is the best! I named him Camber. He is now 9 months. I train with him daily. We are working on not digging in the back yard!

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by casurfchic »

More pictures? Of Coarse I do! :) Ok.. I tried uploading several pictures and it wont let me. At least here is one more.
Attachments
camber 1.jpg
camber 1.jpg (86.98 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum. Very handsome man, that's for sure!!

It would be very helpful if you could visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name! It helps us all keep each other straight.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by vneerland »

Welcome.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Olie »

I think he is a Pit / DS cross
Or a brindle pit/ GDS cross
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Olie »

And welcome!!!:)
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Somehow I keep thinking DS/Sharpei. And it doesn't really matter anyway. Welcome!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd

Post by alspyce »

Schlussdibusti wrote:Somehow I keep thinking DS/Sharpei. And it doesn't really matter anyway. Welcome!
I can see the Sharpei look in the head and eyes too, now that you mention it. ;)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply