I love my Dutch Shepherd
-
casurfchic
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I got a 6 month old puppy from a rescue. Turns out I got really lucky, he is a ducth shepherd. I had never heard of the breed. I love him, he is the best! I named him Camber. He is now 9 months. I train with him daily. We are working on not digging in the back yard!
I love my Dutch Shepherd
I adopted my dog Camber 3 months ago. He was 6 months when I got him. He is super smart, very loving, and very playful. I think he might be a mix. The only reason I say that is he has a very wide jaw and a shorter snout then I have seen on most DS. Other than that he is a dead ringer DS. What do you think? I will love him either way! 
- Attachments
-
- 539289_342922822432749_100001451033002_899488_234235275_n.jpeg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
handsome! My first thought would be pit. He has the square head and short stout muzzle.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- wahinelf
- Green Dog
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
- Location: Boston, MA
- Contact:
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
Look at those beautiful ears. Great looking boy, lets see more pics!
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
-
casurfchic
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I got a 6 month old puppy from a rescue. Turns out I got really lucky, he is a ducth shepherd. I had never heard of the breed. I love him, he is the best! I named him Camber. He is now 9 months. I train with him daily. We are working on not digging in the back yard!
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
More pictures? Of Coarse I do!
Ok.. I tried uploading several pictures and it wont let me. At least here is one more.
- Attachments
-
- camber 1.jpg (86.98 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
Welcome to the forum. Very handsome man, that's for sure!!
It would be very helpful if you could visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name! It helps us all keep each other straight.
It would be very helpful if you could visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name! It helps us all keep each other straight.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
I think he is a Pit / DS cross
Or a brindle pit/ GDS cross
Or a brindle pit/ GDS cross
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
And welcome!!!:)
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
Somehow I keep thinking DS/Sharpei. And it doesn't really matter anyway. Welcome!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: I love my Dutch Shepherd
I can see the Sharpei look in the head and eyes too, now that you mention it.Schlussdibusti wrote:Somehow I keep thinking DS/Sharpei. And it doesn't really matter anyway. Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 