New Dutchie in SoCal.

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
kevarc
Just Whelped
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
Location: Azusa, Ca

New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by kevarc »

Ola! we just got our Dutchie named Diezel, he's Mack's brother (socaljj). really excited to start training him.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Christie M »

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It will be great to see how both boys develop! And of course we would love to see pictures.

We would also know your name :D If you could take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name, it would be very appreciated. It helps us keep everyone straight, since I think we have another Dutch Diesel on the forum!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!

Got some pictures to share?
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by vneerland »

Welcome.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
kevarc
Just Whelped
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
Location: Azusa, Ca

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by kevarc »

Were goin to put some pics of Diezel up here shortly.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by wahinelf »

kevarc wrote:Were goin to put some pics of Diezel up here shortly.
We're a bunch of impatient dutch shepherd lovers. WELCOME!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
kevarc
Just Whelped
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
Location: Azusa, Ca

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by kevarc »

Here are some, pics of our Baby boy.
Attachments
Dieze 008_opt.jpg
Dieze 008_opt.jpg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Dieze 006_opt.jpg
Dieze 006_opt.jpg (50.94 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Dieze 003_opt.jpg
Dieze 003_opt.jpg (45.03 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Dieze 001_opt.jpg
Dieze 001_opt.jpg (76.73 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome!
What a sweetie. Love the pic in the crate,
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Christie M »

What a handsome boy!!! You must have worn him out to get so many pictures of him standing still :D

I think its precious when they go through a stage where their ears curl backwards. They always fix themselves (all of them that I have seen) but it is such a cute phase.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

OMG what a cutie!!!! Love the ears, Sadies tipped backward for a bit, they will right themselves.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by felixone123 »

welcome and ya got a real cute puppy there!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by alspyce »

Pretty pup--Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Super cute!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
kevarc
Just Whelped
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
Location: Azusa, Ca

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by kevarc »

Thanks everyone, we want to training him in Ring sport. His still a pup so kind of hard to get his full attention. but he knows sit and down and release for know lol.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Olie »

What a cute puppy! :*
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Marjolein »

hmm, do you know anything about his parents? I've seen those back-flapping ears before :) Wondering if it runs in the family ;)
He looks very cute! Makes me want a puppy too!!
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

He looks so comfy on the big pillow! What a sweetie!
User avatar
kevarc
Just Whelped
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
Location: Azusa, Ca

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by kevarc »

Ya his ears are weird some days they flop back and sometimes the flop forward. but both his parents ears are up . This is the breed we got him from, believe they still have 2 left.
http://www.elitek9training.net
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.

Post by Marjolein »

kevarc wrote:Ya his ears are weird some days they flop back and sometimes the flop forward. but both his parents ears are up . This is the breed we got him from, believe they still have 2 left.
http://www.elitek9training.net
the ears will stand up later, I meant I've seen pups that had that before, so I was wondering if it was the same bloodline ;) I cannot find the parents on that website? :( Is Nera the mom?
Image
Post Reply