Hey folks

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
dutchpii
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 am
Tell us about yourself: Regular guy that found a Dutch Shepherd on Craigslist. I've heard of and have seen these dogs before. I've had three Malinois dogs in the past.

Hey folks

Post by dutchpii »

Just got this guy from a family on Craigslist. He's awesome and I think he's 100% Dutch Shep. I've also got a Malinois and have had two others. Always wanted a Dutch Shepherd too and found this guy on a whim looking through Craigslist.
Attachments
pi-2b.jpg
pi-2b.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
pi-3a.jpg
pi-3a.jpg (10.24 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
pi-1a.jpeg
pi-1a.jpeg (20.46 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
Jeff and Pi in Forest Park, IL
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hey folks

Post by alspyce »

Welcome :wave: Pretty pup.
(You need to create a signature in the control panel; name, where you're from, etc.)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hey folks

Post by kchristy »

Welcome, he is handsome!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hey folks

Post by Jan »

Welcome.
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hey folks

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome! Glad you found him.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hey folks

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! What a lucky dog. :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hey folks

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome! Looks to be a nice healthy pup. Give us updates okay.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hey folks

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome, cute looking brindle 8-)
Image
alexis
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane

Re: Hey folks

Post by alexis »

Welcome! I love his name!
alexis & zane in NYC
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Hey folks

Post by Olie »

Welcome!!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
Post Reply