New from NC
- Markay
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in Charlotte NC
New from NC
Hello,
I am the proud owner of an 9 week old DS named Hank. I've had him for two weeks and he is a ball of energy! I've never had a DS but lots of experience with German Shepherds. I've read quite a bit of the forum already and it's been interesting and enlightening. I'm trying to figure out how to add a picture as my Avatar, until then I've attached some pics below. I'm sure I'll be here often.
I am the proud owner of an 9 week old DS named Hank. I've had him for two weeks and he is a ball of energy! I've never had a DS but lots of experience with German Shepherds. I've read quite a bit of the forum already and it's been interesting and enlightening. I'm trying to figure out how to add a picture as my Avatar, until then I've attached some pics below. I'm sure I'll be here often.
- Attachments
-
- Hank 2.jpg (27.49 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
-
- hank 6.jpg (94.73 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
-
- Hank 7 (Small).jpg (52.65 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
-
- hank 5 (Small).jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
Catherine & Hank
Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: New from NC
Awww. so cute!!!
Welcome and look forward to seeing more pics and hearing stories!
Welcome and look forward to seeing more pics and hearing stories!
Sue (and Sugar)

-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: New from NC
Hi Neighbor! I live in Tryon, NC. What a cute puppy! I love the sliding sideways ears... 
Lauren from Western NC
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: New from NC
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: New from NC
Welcome!! the first picture is to die for!!! That face is priceless!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Taz
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
- Location: Fayetteville, NC
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New from NC
Welcome to the forum!! One of my closest friends is in Fayetteville, NC (looks like you guys have a gathering there
) and she has a Malinois named Hank. She also has a DS rescue that she is fostering.
Where did your handsome man come from? Are you planning to do any specific training with him?
Where did your handsome man come from? Are you planning to do any specific training with him?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
alexis
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane
- Markay
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in Charlotte NC
Re: New from NC
Thanks for the welcome everyone. In answer to the few questions asked: I got him from a reputable breeder of GSD's who I know. I haven't decided yet if I want to do any agility training with him, but as each day passes and his energy level rises I am seriously considering it! He has got to be the smartest, fastest, most inquistitve fearless puppy I have ever seen, I'm amazed. I know I have a lot to learn about the breed and I'm sure I'll have some challenges with him. Someone mentioned the first pic of him, my husband calls him a fruit bat in that picture, lol. Glad I found the forum and again thanks for the welcome.
Catherine & Hank
Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: New from NC
Welcome!
Awww, the last one. When they look at you like that, you are just melting............
Awww, the last one. When they look at you like that, you are just melting............
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Markay
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in Charlotte NC
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: New from NC
Oh my...what a face!
Welcome and have so much fun! (he'll probably rock at agility...)
Welcome and have so much fun! (he'll probably rock at agility...)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 