New Dutchie in SoCal.
- kevarc
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
- Location: Azusa, Ca
New Dutchie in SoCal.
Ola! we just got our Dutchie named Diezel, he's Mack's brother (socaljj). really excited to start training him.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It will be great to see how both boys develop! And of course we would love to see pictures.
We would also know your name
If you could take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name, it would be very appreciated. It helps us keep everyone straight, since I think we have another Dutch Diesel on the forum!
We would also know your name
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
- kevarc
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
- Location: Azusa, Ca
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Were goin to put some pics of Diezel up here shortly.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
- wahinelf
- Green Dog
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
- Location: Boston, MA
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
We're a bunch of impatient dutch shepherd lovers. WELCOME!kevarc wrote:Were goin to put some pics of Diezel up here shortly.
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
- kevarc
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
- Location: Azusa, Ca
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Here are some, pics of our Baby boy.
- Attachments
-
- Dieze 008_opt.jpg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
-
- Dieze 006_opt.jpg (50.94 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
-
- Dieze 003_opt.jpg (45.03 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
-
- Dieze 001_opt.jpg (76.73 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Welcome!
What a sweetie. Love the pic in the crate,
What a sweetie. Love the pic in the crate,
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
What a handsome boy!!! You must have worn him out to get so many pictures of him standing still
I think its precious when they go through a stage where their ears curl backwards. They always fix themselves (all of them that I have seen) but it is such a cute phase.
I think its precious when they go through a stage where their ears curl backwards. They always fix themselves (all of them that I have seen) but it is such a cute phase.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
OMG what a cutie!!!! Love the ears, Sadies tipped backward for a bit, they will right themselves.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Pretty pup--Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- kevarc
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
- Location: Azusa, Ca
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Thanks everyone, we want to training him in Ring sport. His still a pup so kind of hard to get his full attention. but he knows sit and down and release for know lol.
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
What a cute puppy! :*
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
hmm, do you know anything about his parents? I've seen those back-flapping ears before
Wondering if it runs in the family
He looks very cute! Makes me want a puppy too!!
He looks very cute! Makes me want a puppy too!!
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
He looks so comfy on the big pillow! What a sweetie!
- kevarc
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Just got a pup 4 months old, new to the breed.
- Location: Azusa, Ca
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
Ya his ears are weird some days they flop back and sometimes the flop forward. but both his parents ears are up . This is the breed we got him from, believe they still have 2 left.
http://www.elitek9training.net
http://www.elitek9training.net
Kevin & Jen Proud owners of Diezel.
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie in SoCal.
the ears will stand up later, I meant I've seen pups that had that before, so I was wondering if it was the same bloodlinekevarc wrote:Ya his ears are weird some days they flop back and sometimes the flop forward. but both his parents ears are up . This is the breed we got him from, believe they still have 2 left.
http://www.elitek9training.net


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 