I recently adopted from a rescue agency what was supposed to be a gsd. I have spoken with our trainer who is involved in protection training and he seems to be convinced she is a dutch shepherd based on his own experience. I have been doing some research on the breed and thats how I ended up here.
For you dutch shepherd owners maybe you can provide your own insight as to whether or not she is gsd or dutch.
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
She is all black except for some light brown lines between her toes. She did have some super long nails when we first got her. They are much better now that we can actually get near her feet.
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Welcome~
I'm gonna go with GSD, possibly mixed (Mali?). Looks like slightly sloping top line and croup, with quite a bit of rear angulation, and also the color. Looks like quite a few of the pet type GSD's we have around here. Hopefully the feet will improve with the nail trimming, but lots of GSD's also have flat feet.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric