Hi from Italy

For our new members to introduce themselves
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

Hi! i am Elisa, and i write from Italy. i live with two rottweilers, a female malinois and a short haired dutch shepherd, Great Rembrandt.
We do IPO, Rembrandt will be the first dutch in italy who will does it, Dutchies in italy are not so common, we have only 14 subjects.
Hi Everyone, and sorry for my "english" :)
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Elisa from Italy! That's great, that the brindle breed made it over there too by now? If you are doing IPO, my guess is that your pup came from France or Germany, Belgium or Sweden or some place other than Holland? :lol: Tell us more and please, don't forget to post pictures. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Elisa!

What do you call your DS for short? :mrgreen:

(And, your English is wonderful, compared to my Italian...pronto, spaghetti, ciao!, bambino...you get the picture I'm sure :lol: )
Last edited by leih merigian on Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by Sugars Mom »

Hi, welcome!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by felixone123 »

Hello from Italy!! I'm Italian, but speak no Italian :lol: barley speak English :lol:

Love to see pics.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
chimere
Puppy
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am French
Location: France/French

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by chimere »

hello neighbor
ciao paesi vicini
bonjour voisine !!!
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Hi! Welcome! I hope you will post some photos of your dog(s) sometime.

My Italian from my trips there in the 1990s....una camera singola per favore... also....caffè. :)

Funny how some things you remember over the decades. I can say "coffee" in many different languages! :whistle:
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by Olie »

Welcome!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i'm lookin' forward to edit some pics, i will do it soon, i hope so... :)
Rembrandt (Bran for friends) comes from (mum) fonds de gueule-france and (dad) van de pioniershof -holland. i will teach you all italian, i promise! but spaghetti-caffè and pizza are words u really need tu survive here :)
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome!!! Looking forward to your participation here. Would love to learn a little Italian so through some in along the way along with photos!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by CaroleBoaz »

GSDNanny wrote:Would love to learn a little Italian so through some in along the way along with photos!
She meant to say, "...so throw some in along the way..."

We Americans do not always spell so good. ;)
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

Hi!! I'm Great Rembrandt, i'm 1 year old!!! :g_wink:
Image
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

...and this is my cute expression :D
Image
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

and she's my mali_love: Olympia, 5 yrs, IPO3
Image
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by felixone123 »

:love: :love: your dogs!! gorgeous dutch and very pretty mal!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Nice dogs! :dssmile:
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

..and he's HISPANICO my 10-yrs-rottweiler
Image

..and she's MY first dog, Cuba 12-yrs-rottweiler
Image
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by leih merigian »

Gorgeous dogs! Bran is just stunning...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

leih merigian wrote:Gorgeous dogs! Bran is just stunning...
thank u!! :mrgreen:
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
Post Reply