some camp pics

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

some camp pics

Post by felixone123 »

Here are some camp pics - they are ok - not very happy with the way they came out. I think it was the photographer - oh, wait that was me :oops: It was really hard to take action shots with my camera.

There were 2 professional photographers there and they took awesome shots of the dogs in action. They captured Odin in full flight with all 4 feet off the ground on the lure course. I will post those soon - we need to get a scanner this weekend.
our cabin
our cabin
IMG_4091.JPG (169.75 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
learning agility
learning agility
IMG_4123.JPG (128.78 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
I'm tired from agility.  I need to rest my head.
I'm tired from agility. I need to rest my head.
IMG_4126.JPG (151.33 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
IMG_4153.JPG
IMG_4153.JPG (153.96 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
learning flyball
learning flyball
IMG_4174.JPG (151.04 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
sheer exhaustion
sheer exhaustion
IMG_4201.JPG (95.74 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
kisses before bedtime
kisses before bedtime
IMG_4207.JPG (123.18 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
waiting for the lights to go off
waiting for the lights to go off
IMG_4209.JPG (147.47 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
ahhhh, the comforts of a real bed
ahhhh, the comforts of a real bed
IMG_4210.JPG (110.52 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
Dakota on the lure course
Dakota on the lure course
IMG_4103.JPG (152.06 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: some camp pics

Post by Dutchringgirl »

great pictures! They look like they are having a blast.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: some camp pics

Post by leih merigian »

It's so hard to believe you've had Odin such a short time; he looks like he's found the perfect home and family.

Looks like so much fun was had by all!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: some camp pics

Post by Sugars Mom »

Nice pics! Looks like you all had so much fun!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: some camp pics

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Sugars Mom wrote:Nice pics! Looks like you all had so much fun!

I was going to say that! You know, a tired dog is a happy dog. :D
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: some camp pics

Post by Christie M »

I love these pictures!! Captures the camp experience so well! Lots of activities, only mildly rustic accommodations and wonderful people! You'll have to keep an eye out for then NADSR starts asking for calendar photos. You can submit some of those. Also, Renny has been awesome about letting me submit some of hers of my kids. It's for rescue !!!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: some camp pics

Post by Marjolein »

yay! I LOVE them! Looks like SO much fun :D I'll bet you had e great time and learned a lot too 8-)
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: some camp pics

Post by alspyce »

Looks like tons of fun! Are you now building equipment in the back yard?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply