Hello from North Carolina

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Devildog
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:36 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Brian and I am from North Carolina. I use to have a German Shepherd until he passed from old age in the fall of 2010. He was the best dog that I had ever had. To be honest I have never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd until a few months ago. I want on for my family and I am trying to learn as much about them as possible.

Hello from North Carolina

Post by Devildog »

Hello people, my name is Brian and I am from the Greensboro area. I am trying to find out as much information on Dutch Shepherd's as possible. I use to have a German Shepherd until he passed of old age. I want a Dutch for me and my family. I live out in the country and it's kind of secluded. I have a two and half year old little girl so I want a good protector and companion. It gets so hot here that I was considering a Doberman but I like the Dutch Shepherds.
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!! you've come to the best place to find out about DS.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
(Christie or Judith will be asking you to create a signature in the control panel.)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Olie »

Welcome!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!

I know a bunch of people in NC with long hair DS, so it can't be too hot for them. ;)
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Brian from Greensboro. I hope you find the info you are looking for, but I think you came to the right place.
And not to disappoint Alspyce ;) ...would you mind creating a signature line in your profile so we can actually remember who is who? :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome!!! I think the heat is a personal preference, Thalie just loves it, she will sleep in the hot sun all day, but Sadie wants to come in.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by leih merigian »

Hey, Brian!

You do know that there is a HUGE difference between a DS and a Doberman, right?

What's leading you to like the idea of a DS, besides the protective aspects?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply