From Southern Illinois!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
animal
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Zachary Peebels I am a proud Alpha for two Dutchies, Rook and Raven.

Raven is trained in cadaver search, drug search, and bite work. She's 2.5 years old and has a crazy tennis ball drive. She is definitely the "stealth bomber" of the household, only vocal when thunder or gunfire is heard. (Or when Rook tries to sneak one of "her" toys.)

Our newest family member, Rook, is 8 months old and has basic obedience training. He recently got to follow Raven during cadaver training and is picking up on her actions well. He's shown a decent ball drive but his food drive is stronger.

From Southern Illinois!

Post by animal »

Good Afternoon Everyone!
My name is Zach.
I'm the proud handler of two Dutchies.

Raven - 2.5 yrs
Rook - 8 mo

Both are rehome/rescue and both love to work.
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome Zach and two DSs!

What kind of handling do you do?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!! nice looking Dutchies.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome!, very cute!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum.
I love that picture. They are beautiful dogs.

In what venue do you "work" your dogs?

If you have a second, if you could visit the User Control Panel and create a signature for yourself, including your name it would be appreciated.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
animal
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Zachary Peebels I am a proud Alpha for two Dutchies, Rook and Raven.

Raven is trained in cadaver search, drug search, and bite work. She's 2.5 years old and has a crazy tennis ball drive. She is definitely the "stealth bomber" of the household, only vocal when thunder or gunfire is heard. (Or when Rook tries to sneak one of "her" toys.)

Our newest family member, Rook, is 8 months old and has basic obedience training. He recently got to follow Raven during cadaver training and is picking up on her actions well. He's shown a decent ball drive but his food drive is stronger.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by animal »

Thanks for the welcome wagon!

I'm not officially committed to SAR yet. In the daytime, I work as an IT Director and Graphic Design Artist. My second job is where I live, the Little Egypt Woodmen Camp on the West Frankfort, IL City Lake. I manage and maintain the grounds and rental of the facilities.

Last Saturday was my first extensive training session with Raven in cadaver search. She does elevated finds great and even got her first submerged find.

Rook is, well, the rookie lol. He has basic obedience and came along to start learning the ropes. He bark signaled on several finds with Raven and is picking up the idea fast.

All of my experience in dogs was 10 years of raising and basic obedience training of Siberian Huskies. Dutchies listen SOOOOOOO much better!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome and nice dogs! Dutchies are soooo smart!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by k9katet »

Great picture - they look like they could be related!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome! And bless your sweet heart for previously training Huskies. Geez, my hat is off to you on that. The rescue Huskies I had through my home, well...what can I say. You've made an about face turn in the right direction as the DS is probably one of the most versatile of dog breeds and they make their trainers look smart!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Post by Olie »

Welcome! Great dogs!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
Post Reply