only because they made me
-
Mike Hodgeman
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I work only malinois, the superior breed
only because they made me
Hello, Mike Hodgeman from New York. I train Malinois for detection, my wife prefers the stripes 
"Given enough time, the Malinois will dominate anything"
-
coyotesfan97
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus
Re: only because they made me
Hi Mike I worked a hard headed Mal before I got my current striped partner.
Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: only because they made me
Hey Mike,
Maybe its a girl thing, I like the stripes too. Although I did have a mal and he was great.
Maybe its a girl thing, I like the stripes too. Although I did have a mal and he was great.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: only because they made me
Welcome----the stripes grow on you.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: only because they made me
welcome and your signature is cute, but I don't think so........... 
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: only because they made me
Welcome, your wife is in good company here. We are all prejudiced to stripes!!
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: only because they made me
Welcome Mike.
My husband was a total malinois man. Heck, my first working dog was a malinois too, and a good one at that. But we have both developed a preference for the clear thinking ability of the Dutch shepherd, vs the do first, think later mentality of the dumber yellow cousins.
(there...that should teach you not to boast the dumber cousins as superior on a brindle board)

My husband was a total malinois man. Heck, my first working dog was a malinois too, and a good one at that. But we have both developed a preference for the clear thinking ability of the Dutch shepherd, vs the do first, think later mentality of the dumber yellow cousins.
(there...that should teach you not to boast the dumber cousins as superior on a brindle board)
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 


Facebook page.