An introduction from Maine

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
jeeharbor
Puppy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

An introduction from Maine

Post by jeeharbor »

I'm taking a moment to introduce my husband and myself. I'm Joyce Earle McCluskey and my husband Mac. We reside in southern Maine with our two year old daughter, several Malinois, a couple DS, an old Czech bred GSD and an American Bulldog for good measure.

I've been a member of Mainely Ringsport since 1989. I have competed locally in the Ringsports with a couple GSD's and my DS, Ry and Caelan. I have also started competing in UKC obedience.

My husband Mac is a certified Mondio Ring decoy and has been involved in Ring for a dozen years. Mac started his training with Frances Metcalf. Mac and I met through Ringsport and it is still an important part of our lives.

We occasionally have a litter to produce our next generation of sport dogs. We had a Mal litter 6 years ago out of my husbands FRII Mal, Tibet. Our dogs are part of our family and enjoy residing in the house with our two year old. Outside of work and family time, we play with our dogs, enjoy training and spending time with our dog friends.

Thank you!

Joyce and Mac McCluskey
Joyce Earle McCluskey
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Olie »

Welcome Joyce and Mac!
Congratulations on your accomplishments!
Cant wait to see some photos of your crew!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by alspyce »

Welcome! I see V Christel dogs in your pedigree---very close to my heart.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome! I must have met you guys at one point. I used to do Ring with my DS and Mal in New Hartford Ct.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!! must show some family furry pets.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome, and we all love pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, and what a nice intro!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Christie M »

Hey guys!!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here!

Sorry I haven't had the time to finish the pedigree. Its been (and will be for 2 more weeks) a SUPER hectic summer!!!

You'll find a ton of great people here with diversified interests and dogs.

If you have a moment, please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Its hard to keep everyone straight!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by vneerland »

Very nice intro! Welcome here.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
7ate9
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 am
Tell us about yourself: No, dogs at the moment, but looking for one in the near future..

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by 7ate9 »

Hello, I'm from Maine also! I live just outside of Augusta.
-Devin-
jeeharbor
Puppy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by jeeharbor »

I am a bit South from you. I am in Lebanon which is near Rochester,NH. I grew up in Kittery. Maine is a big state. Welcome!
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Drizlaru »

We need to get together sometime, I'm right up 202 from you guys.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
jeeharbor
Puppy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by jeeharbor »

Where up 202? We are on the Rochester side of West Lebanon. Are you working with any training group?
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Drizlaru »

I'm up 202 in Windham about an hour north of you. I've been to a few different training groups (Schutzhund, PSA), but haven't decided one to train with exclusivly. I've got a (almost) 7 month old male DS from KNPV lines that I'd like to start one of the protection sports with. I like Mondioring, I like how it tests the dogs and the handlers. One of my big problems right now is that I'm "supposedly" moving at some point in a few months or so. I'd like to come down for a meet and greet though, and take a closer looksie. Maybe we can set something up, what's your groups training schedule like?
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
jeeharbor
Puppy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by jeeharbor »

We train in Wells on Saturdays. You're welcome to come down. Did you get your DS from Dominic?
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by Drizlaru »

No I didn't, though I did consider it. Where in Wells exactly, and what time Saturdays?
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
jeeharbor
Puppy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Post by jeeharbor »

We train at Bob Dixons on Loop Rd at 10:00. We have a guy with showline GSD's that comes down from Windham. Where did you get your DS from out of curiosity? I'm not aware of many people breeding them up this way, but I don't get out about much either.
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Post Reply