Hello from CA!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Kona
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am
Tell us about yourself: I think I might have a Dutch mix! :)

Hello from CA!

Post by Kona »

Hi! I have what I think due to best guesstimates is a Dutch mix. I got her from the pound when she was 8 weeks old, she's now 3 and displays a lot of Dutch Shepherd characteristics, although I know she's a mix because I met her mum.

Introducing, Kona!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Liz, owned by Kona, Cyrus, and Stewie.
Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awww, nice looking dog! I see Dutch....altho I'm not an expert.

Welcome to the forum!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by Marjolein »

I see some kind of mollossian-type dog...like staff or American bull mixed with maybe some type of shepherd? Nice looking dog!

Welcome! :)
Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome KONA! Is Kona's buddy a Chessie?

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by vneerland »

Welcome owner of Kona from California.
Would you mind telling us something about yourself, other than that you are one of those wonderful people who adopts shelter dogs and gives them a great home? Then, you could add your signature to your profile via the user control panel on the top left of the page, so that we can keep the whoiswho straight. 8-) Please?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome! What a beautiful bunch !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Kona
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am
Tell us about yourself: I think I might have a Dutch mix! :)

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by Kona »

Happy to tell you all about me!

I'm a 25 year old professional woman working on the central coast of California, San Luis Obispo area. I live with my 2 dogs, Kona and Cyrus (who is indeed a Chessie) and a cat. We love going out to the beach for a swim or a run, hanging out in the yard doing yard work... The typical stuff. No kids or significant other to speak of at the time.

It's so nice to see so many pretty dogs on here! Thanks for the warm welcome!

~Liz
Liz, owned by Kona, Cyrus, and Stewie.
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by vneerland »

Thanks Liz! I love the glowing eyes in your signature picture too. Reminds me of that show on animal planet: "the haunted" :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Kona
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am
Tell us about yourself: I think I might have a Dutch mix! :)

Re: Hello from CA!

Post by Kona »

Haha yeah they do the "Laser Gang" look quite often. I think it stems from them staring at the camera!

I'm going to try and get better pictures of her tomorrow... she needs a bath and some sunlight.

She's really a terrible dog to photograph, she's always moving, ducks when she sees the camera, and her face is so dark you can't usually tell where her nose is unless we're in direct sunlight. Goofy girl.
Liz, owned by Kona, Cyrus, and Stewie.
Image
Post Reply