Hi Group! Me again!
I'm sure it's been a few months since I last posted and thought I'd give a quick update. I've been busy competing with my Aussie (see proof below - so proud of my boy!), but also have been lucky enough to touch base with a couple Dutchie owners in my area, meet their dogs, and get a hands on feel for the breed. Further to this, tonnes more reading and research and a bit of cyber stalking of breeders.
When I left you, I was debating between a DDR GSD and the Dutchie. Since then, we've also looked at Bearded Collies, Rough Collies, Tervuren, Malinois, and Australian Cattle Dogs as well as an in-depth soul searching re the Australian Shepherd. Well, I'm happy...correction, I'm ecstatic!!!! to report that my husband and I have decided that the Dutch Shepherd would be a wonderful addition to our home and undoubtedly is the perfect fit for all that I'm looking to accomplish with the next pup
So now the search for the "right" breeder with the "right" lines and finally, the "right" breeding and I guess, the "right" timing too. 2014 is my target date and I can hardly wait!
In the mean time, if anyone has any tips on where to research particular lines, I'd greatly appreciate a point in the right direction. I have my eye on a couple kennels (they don't know it yet - LOL!) but the more I can learn, without bias, the better. Outside of breeder websites, I've found detailed information gathering on this breed a bit challenging.
Bonnie
P.S. A link to the image of my Aussie below. I couldn't figure out how to post it directly. Seems it needs to be hosted on photo sharing site. I'll have to make an account on one before we bring the Dutchie pup home!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater