Hello from South Carolina

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
crazyharleycat1
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 am
Tell us about yourself: 58 year old first time dutch shepherd owner. Sugar is a female 8 weeks old. She is from a long line of police and military dogs. What will be my biggest training challange?

Hello from South Carolina

Post by crazyharleycat1 »

My son-in-law is in the air force, K9 . He knew I wanted a great dog and through his friends found me a 8 week old female dutch shepherd. I have had her 3 days and is doing great with housetraining. Sugar is my dream dog and I want to train her correctly. I have a shepherd mix that compleated obediance class a year ago. I plan to start Sugar with sit, watch me, down etc. I would love advice from anyone here. I know different breeds have certain quirks . How would you begin a pup?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome to the forum. I have a Sugar too!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
crazyharleycat1
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 am
Tell us about yourself: 58 year old first time dutch shepherd owner. Sugar is a female 8 weeks old. She is from a long line of police and military dogs. What will be my biggest training challange?

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by crazyharleycat1 »

thank you, your Sugar looks like mine. Very dark face lots of brindle every place else. She will be 10 weeks old on the 1st of Sept. Aren't they awesome dogs!!!!
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by felixone123 »

Hello and welcome to Sugar!! Just love that name!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Post Reply