Tell us about yourself: I just got Harlough a 7 year old Dutch. She is the best dog ever! We camp, we hike, we fish( I read, she swims, and my husband is the only one actually trying to fish) and we go everywhere we possibly can together. She loves my neices and nephews, and even the cats have warmed up to her.
HI! My name is Harlough. I am 7 years old and my new mom and dad are really cool. They came and got me because my old person passed away. I take my new mom and dad hiking, camping and fishing. Sometimes it gets really hot here in Texas, so they got me my own pool to play in. But my favorite thing is when Dad goes fishing because I get to get in the lake and play. They don't even get mad if I get all muddy! They say that I am the new baby because my big sister left for college. She left her cats behind at mom and dads but they dont bother me...I just ignore how silly they are with all that hissing and swatting stuff. I am so excited to have a new home, and I hope that I can make some Dutch friends on here! There are very few of us in this part of Texas so maybe we can be friends and give each other tips on how to train our humans! I have to get off the computer- my mom will be home for lunch soon, but I hope you all have a great day!
Love,
Harlough
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Hi Harlough!!! I have some great training tricks for your human !!! Ill have to tell you in sectret because im sure Thalie will tattle tale one me, she is such a goodie goodie. Maybe one day you can come play with us ! There is a ton of good deer poop to eat.
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
That was so much fun to read...we'll enjoy having you around!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Patty and I have two dogs I rescued. One is a chow mix named Bella who is 8 1/2 and a Dutch Shepherd named Sophie aka Soso who is about 7 1/2 years old.
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Tell us about yourself: I just got Harlough a 7 year old Dutch. She is the best dog ever! We camp, we hike, we fish( I read, she swims, and my husband is the only one actually trying to fish) and we go everywhere we possibly can together. She loves my neices and nephews, and even the cats have warmed up to her.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am Harlough's Mom- my name is Kim and I have a question about my wonderful baby girl. She loves to play with her toys- especially if they have squeekers in them. The question is: does anyone know where we can find toys with squeekies that don't tear up so fast? It is going to get expensive if we have to replace toys every week or two because she chews them up, but more importantly we are afraid she will choke on the torn out squeeker. We will do it because we love her but it would be nice for them to last a little bit longer.Thanks-Kim
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Zane can get pretty much any squeaker out after about 15 minutes, but these two toys have held up for several weeks each (they both have holes and missing parts, but at least one squeaker is still securely inside and working).
A warning, the snake has 10 or so squeakers and it can get really annoying, but is good for tug and dressing your dog up in a boa. Like so (see how happy he looks about it):
Tell us about yourself: I just got Harlough a 7 year old Dutch. She is the best dog ever! We camp, we hike, we fish( I read, she swims, and my husband is the only one actually trying to fish) and we go everywhere we possibly can together. She loves my neices and nephews, and even the cats have warmed up to her.