I am new to Fredericksburg and this forum. I have a 3 year old female Dutchie named Ember (FR1, CGC). Now that we moved due to military, I have not been able to find a ring club close by, so we are trying out PSA. So far so good. She is also doing just fine as a pet in between training
Hi, new to Va and the DSF
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Hello
I am new to Fredericksburg and this forum. I have a 3 year old female Dutchie named Ember (FR1, CGC). Now that we moved due to military, I have not been able to find a ring club close by, so we are trying out PSA. So far so good. She is also doing just fine as a pet in between training
Just a little wild.
I am new to Fredericksburg and this forum. I have a 3 year old female Dutchie named Ember (FR1, CGC). Now that we moved due to military, I have not been able to find a ring club close by, so we are trying out PSA. So far so good. She is also doing just fine as a pet in between training
Kim
Ember
Duke
Babalu
Ember
Duke
Babalu- Aztechalo
- Puppy
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in North Monterey County, CA with my husband, three step kids, one gorgeous and wonderful Dutch Shepherd and a whole bunch of livestock type animals. The humans are into sustainable farming, the dog is into chasing deer and digging up gophers. My day job is an Operations Supervisor at Santa Cruz Regional 911. One of these days, I'm going to get another DS.
- Contact:
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Welcome!
Marsha and Chaos (4 yo, DS)
In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
-Carl Jung
In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
-Carl Jung
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Welcome to the forum.
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Welcome to you and Ember!
I live not that far from you, outside of Charlottesville. Sorry you couldn't find a ring club...there's no Mondio around here, either.
How about some pics?
I live not that far from you, outside of Charlottesville. Sorry you couldn't find a ring club...there's no Mondio around here, either.
How about some pics?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- syzygy
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Hi, welcome! I lived in Charlottesville for a short time when I was a kid and loved it, and just spent a lot of time in Springfield recently trying to help a friend search for a lost dog. It is beautiful country! If you like hiking, take a look at the parks all around--Great for walking with the dog. I was surprised at how much beautiful wild land there is that close to DC.
You'll like it here on the Forum, too
Ellisa
You'll like it here on the Forum, too
Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
- cake73
- Moderator

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
- Contact:
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Hi! Great to see you here! 
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015
North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015
North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
When I try to post a pic, it says its to big, every one. I have tried photobucket too. So I am still trying to figure how to post them on this forumleih merigian wrote: How about some pics?
Kim
Ember
Duke
Babalu
Ember
Duke
Babalu- syzygy
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Hi! It took me a month to finally get one to post. My "Office" (Word) program would not do it for me, because it had no graphic editing options, but yours might--Eric has instructions for normal people somewhere on the forum--I think in the intro section. I finally found a simple little graphic editing program that actually came with my Canon scanner, and it lets you adjust the size of the photo--just be sure to keep the proportions--most editing software should give you that option--and use the pixel size and DPI Eric has listed. I would go find it now but I can't get back to a letter in progress without losing it if I go elsewhere on the forum in the middle of writing.
I am pretty tech-stupid but this is what I did. I would fetch the file, "save as" and rename the picture with my scanner editing program. Then adjust the size and DPI of that copy according to Eric's instructions. I then made a folder in my documents that I named Little Pix and put them all there--since the avatar size is way different than the regular post size I put that in the file name. ("tiny" is avatar, "small" for the rest.) Then I go to Photobucket and upload them, which only takes about half a day with my dialup
This would be a lot easier with a faster connection, but with patience I finally got it to work.
Ellisa
I am pretty tech-stupid but this is what I did. I would fetch the file, "save as" and rename the picture with my scanner editing program. Then adjust the size and DPI of that copy according to Eric's instructions. I then made a folder in my documents that I named Little Pix and put them all there--since the avatar size is way different than the regular post size I put that in the file name. ("tiny" is avatar, "small" for the rest.) Then I go to Photobucket and upload them, which only takes about half a day with my dialup
This would be a lot easier with a faster connection, but with patience I finally got it to work.
Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Thanks for the tips, I have a MAC, not sure if that makes a difference or not. I am trying to use photobucket. I tried to resize them too with no luck. I will keep trying though, thanks!
Kim
Ember
Duke
Babalu
Ember
Duke
Babalu- turnnburn52984
- Training Dog
- Posts: 274
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
- Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA
Want to know anything else, just ask! - Location: Tacoma, WA
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Once you resize you have to go down to the bottom (left?) of the screen and click 'save changes'. It took me awhile to figure out that last step.
Welcome! Can't wait for pictures.
Welcome! Can't wait for pictures.
Kelly

Koenig

Koenig
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Welcome Kimkim. Looking forward to 'meeting' your DS.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Hmm, I had to change the settings to thumb IMG.. I really dont know what Im doing 
Kim
Ember
Duke
Babalu
Ember
Duke
Babalu- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Did you read this: http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... ?f=55&t=53
The two key elements are the sizing restrictions. then you add it to your profile
The two key elements are the sizing restrictions. then you add it to your profile
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Dark dark dog Kimkim. No wonder you named it Ember. I can see the gold in some pics, but it is not a whole lot. Just like glowing coals, indeed.
What is the bloodline?
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- kimkim
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
- Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
She is out of Land of Oz Jett and a female named Dynasty. She has brindle on her legs and sides, some days you can see it more than others. I guess it depends on the light. I wanted a darker brindle with no white. Actually, you were one of the kennels I contacted when I first began the search for a dutchie, but you had no puppies at that time. It was back in Jan-Feb 2007.
Kim
Ember
Duke
Babalu
Ember
Duke
Babalu

Facebook page.


