new here with my second Dutch

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
dutchiemom
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am
Tell us about yourself: I have my second dutchie now, Femke. I've always been a GSD person but my first dutchie, Jenny, found me 20 yrs. ago and now I'm hooked!

new here with my second Dutch

Post by dutchiemom »

Hello everyone,
I just found this forum. I have my second dutchie now, Femke. I've always been a GSD person but my first DS, Jenny found me many yrs ago and after her, I just wanted another DS! I found Femke through DS rescue and she is wonderful. I'm an agility buff so the breed is perfect for me. I'm now obsessed with all things brindle and have a brindle (actually tiger) clicker, blanket, toys, etc.. I'd like to see this breed thrive. Not just because of the brindle! I'm currently researching breeders. We have an active Schutzhund club in my region so I'd be happy to dive into that too.
Happy to be here!
Lisa in Pa
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by Dutchringgirl »

uh oh, another addicted victim !!! Cute arent they!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by Schlussdibusti »

welcome !
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by felixone123 »

welcome and love to see some pics!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by GreatRembrandt »

welcome from me and the striped rembrandt!
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome, nice Dutch name :D Pictures are very welcome :dswink"
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Lisa and Femke 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: new here with my second Dutch

Post by k9katet »

Hmmm, tiger themed STUFF. I'm liking that idea.

Welcome Lisa. I've read your posts about Femke on some email lists. CU maybe? Or DogRead?
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Post Reply