(Polish for "Good Day")
Hi folks,
My name is Dave and I am a huge dog lover. I have spent most of my adulthood in the US military. I have had 3 dogs with me in 5 different states, in order: Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Texas, and Massachusetts. They have all "gone ahead" now and await me at the RB, I look forward to the re-unite. The first was Sassy (looked like a dingo) who I got from the MSPCA and she lived to 16 yo. My ex-GF got Princess (blk/brindle lab X) at a puppy mill in Tuscon (along with Parvo) and she lived to 15 (last to pass, 01 Dec 10). My same ex-GF got Skeeter, a black Border Collie, from a "box of puppies" from a fellow student at school in Tucson and he lived to 11 yo. Anyways, they were "my children", I don't have any of the human variety and don't plan to. But I will have more fur children in the future, likely a DS and a Border Collie. I have seen a lot of MWDs in the military, mostly Malinois and GSDs but once I saw the DS, I fell in love!
Dzien dobry!
- Alaskan Dave
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Dave and I am a huge dog lover. I have spent most of my adulthood in the US military. I have had 3 dogs with me in 5 different states, in order: Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Texas, and Massachusetts. They have all "gone ahead" now and await me at the RB, I look forward to the re-unite. The first was Sassy (looked like a dingo) who I got from the MSPCA and she lived to 16 yo. My ex-GF got Princess (blk/brindle lab X) at a puppy mill in Tuscon (along with Parvo) and she lived to 15 (last to pass, 01 Dec 10). My same ex-GF got Skeeter, a black Border Collie, from a "box of puppies" from a fellow student at school in Tucson and he lived to 11 yo. Anyways, they were "my children", I don't have any of the human variety and don't plan to. But I will have more fur children in the future, likely a DS and a Border Collie. I have seen a lot of MWDs in the military, mostly Malinois and GSDs but once I saw the DS, I fell in love!
Dzien dobry!
Regards,
Dave <Sassy, Princess, Skeeter>
Dave <Sassy, Princess, Skeeter>
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Dzien dobry!
Welcome, Dave!
Any plans on when you may be able to get a little stripey?
Any plans on when you may be able to get a little stripey?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- Alaskan Dave
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Dave and I am a huge dog lover. I have spent most of my adulthood in the US military. I have had 3 dogs with me in 5 different states, in order: Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Texas, and Massachusetts. They have all "gone ahead" now and await me at the RB, I look forward to the re-unite. The first was Sassy (looked like a dingo) who I got from the MSPCA and she lived to 16 yo. My ex-GF got Princess (blk/brindle lab X) at a puppy mill in Tuscon (along with Parvo) and she lived to 15 (last to pass, 01 Dec 10). My same ex-GF got Skeeter, a black Border Collie, from a "box of puppies" from a fellow student at school in Tucson and he lived to 11 yo. Anyways, they were "my children", I don't have any of the human variety and don't plan to. But I will have more fur children in the future, likely a DS and a Border Collie. I have seen a lot of MWDs in the military, mostly Malinois and GSDs but once I saw the DS, I fell in love!
Re: Dzien dobry!
Ugh, tough question. Believe me, I think about it daily. But I am not quite in the position to get a stripey. But I suppose this is my first step towards looking for "fur children". But it has been an extremely tough past 5 years. In addition to losing all 3 of my dogs, I just lost my dad in July. So right now I am just "window shopping" and exploring DS stories, info, breeders, etc.
Regards,
Dave <Sassy, Princess, Skeeter>
Dave <Sassy, Princess, Skeeter>
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Dzien dobry!
welcome to the land of stripe beasts!! 
Sorry to hear about all your loses (human and furry kids). You will find this place full of information. Happy window shopping for your next kid!!
Sorry to hear about all your loses (human and furry kids). You will find this place full of information. Happy window shopping for your next kid!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Dzien dobry!
Welcome Dave and Goededag to you too. (Dutch for good day) 
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Dzien dobry!
Hey Dave...
So sorry about all those losses...sure adds up.
You have come to the right place for lots of DS stories and info, and oh, yeah, the pics
So sorry about all those losses...sure adds up.
You have come to the right place for lots of DS stories and info, and oh, yeah, the pics
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
jjohnsice
- Puppy
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm
- Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.
- Location: Little Rock,AR
- Contact:
Re: Dzien dobry!
Dave...
All I know for sure that my DS quickly became the closest companion you could ever want, the bond was immediate, and ever lasting. Truly the most devoted, loyal, loving dog I could ever imagine. Luckily I could take her to most all the places i went when she was here, but rest assured, if for some reason she had to stay, without fail she would be posted up waiting for my return. Some how how she always knew when I was headed back.
Left her at a dog day care, once! They told me she had no interest in anything except waiting for my return, if I left her with friend, it was the same. If you want a dog to be your loyal companion... is Dutch!
John
All I know for sure that my DS quickly became the closest companion you could ever want, the bond was immediate, and ever lasting. Truly the most devoted, loyal, loving dog I could ever imagine. Luckily I could take her to most all the places i went when she was here, but rest assured, if for some reason she had to stay, without fail she would be posted up waiting for my return. Some how how she always knew when I was headed back.
Left her at a dog day care, once! They told me she had no interest in anything except waiting for my return, if I left her with friend, it was the same. If you want a dog to be your loyal companion... is Dutch!
John
john h
the departed maggie p
the departed maggie p


Facebook page.