Hello from Wisconsin

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
stev394
Just Whelped
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 am
Tell us about yourself: My wife and I have been fostering, training, and rehoming GSD's for years. We recently adopted a DS and became "foster failures" At first we had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into with a DS. Besides our approximately 8 onth old DS we have a 8 yearold female GSD and a 4 yearold male White GSD.

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by stev394 »

A bit of background on "our pack." My wife and I have owned, resuced, fostered, and trained German Shepherd Dogs for almost 9 years. Up until early this year we have never had the opportunity to work with Dutch Shepherds. Wow what a difference. Our current pack consists of an 8 year old female GSD. A 4 year old male White GSD and now a approximately 1 year old male DS. Yes we were foster failures with our DS. In our ongoing research about DS dogs has led us here. I hope it becomes a useful resource in training our boy. We look forward to all input from experienced owners/handlers.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome!!! There are great people on this board and I am sure you will find the answers you need.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by leih merigian »

Glad you found us, and welcome!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by vneerland »

Welcome! I know it has already been asked elsewhere, but if you don't mind, please create a 'signature' with your name, so we can keep the who is who straight.
Thank you for rescuing.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome1 :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :D
Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Christie M »

Nice to meet another Mid-Westerner!
Looking forward to hearing of your tales/tails!

Ditto Judith's comment about the signature. I get so lost these days :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by k9katet »

Welcome neighbors! We're in Minnesota.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by k9katet »

Looks like I need to update my signature. :(
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Post Reply