Well where to start? I'm a Militray Working Dog trainer supervisor and I have been working with dogs for about 9 years now. I had to put my retired GS down last year and I have been wiating for the right moment to get a new dog. I've always been fond of the D.S., so Dec 1st my pup will be ready for pick up! Can't wait to start training!
-Eric
New to the D.S. world
-
K9Smitty
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: 9 years as a Military Working Dog handler/Trainer.
- Location: Waldorf, MD
New to the D.S. world
Respectfully,
Eric
Eric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: New to the D.S. world
Welcome and ditto on the question! 
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
K9Smitty
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: 9 years as a Military Working Dog handler/Trainer.
- Location: Waldorf, MD
Re: New to the D.S. world
I'm getting him from the Vandalia Kennels in West Virginia. I hear a lot of good things about their breeding program and a friend of mine got his D.S. from them. I would have loved to help out with D.S. rescue, but be a Military Working Dog trainer, I'm real picky and wanted to start from a pup and know where the dog is coming from. I love training dogs, but when it's my own dog I have high expectations and take more pride into the end result.
Respectfully,
Eric
Eric
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
K9Smitty
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: 9 years as a Military Working Dog handler/Trainer.
- Location: Waldorf, MD
Re: New to the D.S. world
Yes, but a daughter! I wanted a female this go around. Dam is Cricket, a Tommy Luijken. PH1DaughterSchlussdibusti wrote:Welcome Eric !
Is your pup a Timo son?
I have handled nothing but male dogs, just wanted some change!
Respectfully,
Eric
Eric
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: New to the D.S. world
I heard nothing but great comments about Timo. Congrats on your new pup!K9Smitty wrote:Yes, but a daughter! I wanted a female this go around. Dam is Cricket, a Tommy Luijken. PH1DaughterSchlussdibusti wrote:Welcome Eric !
Is your pup a Timo son?
I have handled nothing but male dogs, just wanted some change!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: New to the D.S. world
well, be sure to post pics of your girl when you get her.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: New to the D.S. world
Welcome!
I also have a Timo daughter, she's almost 2 yrs.
I also have a Timo daughter, she's almost 2 yrs.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: New to the D.S. world
I'm also new to DS and am looking forward to getting my first puppy in the very near future, still looking at possibilities of the whens and wheres of obtaining one, but have been enjoying browsing this forum and learning as I go in the meanwhile.
You'll have to share pictures when your new girl arrives!
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George


Facebook page.