New member from Tulsa

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Ted Summers
Just Whelped
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm
Tell us about yourself: PSA, Detection services, PSD/LE
Location: Hot, flat, and windy Tulsa
Contact:

New member from Tulsa

Post by Ted Summers »

Hi all.

Have a Malinois in narc training that also does IPO. Looking ot start a PSA club here as well. Looking at getting a Dutchie for EDD training and IPO/PSA as well.

I don't do compulsion training but do use e-collars.
Ted Summers
Malinios Lech (soon to be explosives)
Dutchie Static (soon to be human remains)
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by felixone123 »

hello and welcome!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Geremy
Puppy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring.
Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
Contact:

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by Geremy »

welcome !
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by feraloup »

Greetings and welcome! :) Think you'll find this a fun and informative group of folks to connect with, I sure have.

We also love pictures if you have them to share! *grin*
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome to you!

Any specific plans to get a DS?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Ted Summers
Just Whelped
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm
Tell us about yourself: PSA, Detection services, PSD/LE
Location: Hot, flat, and windy Tulsa
Contact:

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by Ted Summers »

Nothing too specific. Male, working lines (I've never seen a show/non working line DS), hips/elbows, drive,temperament, enviro stability, size, the coat color in that order. My Mali came from DEEP working lines and has several national champs in ring sports and several military and police dogs through both sides. He's got very high ball/prey drive and a ton of hunt drive. The dam became a K9 and the sire was sold to a contractor in the Middle East for patrol and narcotics. I've started a company here to perform narcotics services and have hit upon explosives work too. Ideally I'd like a male, that has great hunt and ball drive that has good elbows and hips that is relatively large and has a badass bridel coat. IF I could find a green dog that fit the bill that'd be perfect as long as his basic OB was not done with compulsion. Last, I like to have fun and the dogs enjoy bite work so he'll be working in IPO and hopefully PSA. If not green I'd obviously do a pup. I've found Agee kennels that appeal to me and they have been very helpful and upfront (odd In the dog world). I did EXTESIVE research on my Mali and couldn't be happier. He's everything I wanted save for coat color. Thankfully that doesn't matter for working ability :lol: . This forum is , I hope, as temping off point for learning about kennels and bloodlines. There is a guy in WA that has some pups that look great as well as a poster in this forum in WV. I'm particularly interested in Van Leween (sp?) lines. Any direction is appreciated. Thanks!
Ted Summers
Malinios Lech (soon to be explosives)
Dutchie Static (soon to be human remains)
Ted Summers
Just Whelped
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm
Tell us about yourself: PSA, Detection services, PSD/LE
Location: Hot, flat, and windy Tulsa
Contact:

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by Ted Summers »

Crips. Stupid iPhone. Forgive the spelling mistakes above. I'll post pics of my Mali in the photo forum.
Ted Summers
Malinios Lech (soon to be explosives)
Dutchie Static (soon to be human remains)
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New member from Tulsa

Post by felixone123 »

[quote="Ted Summers. I'm particularly interested in Van Leween (sp?) lines. Any direction is appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

I believe she is on this forum.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Post Reply