Those ears led us to his name...
Rescue - Radar
- centrop67
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3589
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
- Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA
Rescue - Radar
After losing my Lab and Lab-Shepherd mix within 4 months of each other this year, I found the greatest new companion!
Those ears led us to his name...

Those ears led us to his name...
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
![]() |
RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers |
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: Rescue - Radar
welcome!
FANTASTIC name [ and reason therefore ]; can't wait to see the pic.
FANTASTIC name [ and reason therefore ]; can't wait to see the pic.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
- Manstrom
- Puppy
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
- Location: Valdosta Georgia
Re: Rescue - Radar
Haha, awesome name! can't wait to see him.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
- centrop67
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3589
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
- Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA
Re: Rescue - Radar
Not sure I did the image right, or if there's an approval process, but I am going to try to post again.
Here's Radar - estimated to be just under a year old. He's usually an angel, but can be a devil at times, too. You can see the sinful charm in his eyes:

Here's Radar - estimated to be just under a year old. He's usually an angel, but can be a devil at times, too. You can see the sinful charm in his eyes:

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
![]() |
RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers |
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Rescue - Radar
Oh Yes--That look!!! Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
alexis
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane
-
debmac
- Puppy
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a 2 year old Dutch Shepherd rescue, Tess. She is my first Dutchie. I have always had German Shepherds and have trained and worked them as search and rescue dogs. My hope is that Tess will take this road also
- Location: Anamoose, ND
Re: Rescue - Radar
Very Nice guy. I repeat the "thanks for rescueing".
Deb
Deb
Deb McAvoy
Tess- DS
Echo- GSD
Rowdy - BC/BH
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tess- DS
Echo- GSD
Rowdy - BC/BH
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: Rescue - Radar
He is wicked cute, and I'll add my voice to the many compliments on his very apt name. 
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
- Manstrom
- Puppy
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
- Location: Valdosta Georgia
Re: Rescue - Radar
Awesome name choice btw... Harvey give me that same grin when he's up to no good haha
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Rescue - Radar
oh, I do see that "sinful" look in those eyes!! It's a great look, btw!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
HARNW76
- Puppy
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 55 year old CNC programmer living in the USA. I've owned 4 GSD, but I'm considering a Dutch Shephard for my next. I'm looking to gain as much information about the breed as I can before making my decision.
Re: Rescue - Radar
Even mice much less "bad guys" will have a hard time getting past those ear.
This is a terrific forum to which I am a new member also. Welcome.
This is a terrific forum to which I am a new member also. Welcome.
Thanks,
Harold Eaker
Outside St.Louis, Mo. USA
Harold Eaker
Outside St.Louis, Mo. USA


Facebook page.