Hi!
I am new to the forum! I've had my girl, Zeta, for a about 3 years now. I got her from an animal shelter where I was volunteering. She was picked up from a best buy parking lot in pretty rough shape. She' d had puppies recently, but the puppies weren't found with her. She was also very underweight and suffering from an ear infection and skin infection. Since then she's come a long way! The shelter told me she was a boxer/GSD mix. I was always a little skeptical of the boxer part...she looks nothing like one! My vet could only guess GSD mix. One day I was stopped by a woman while walking Zeta asking me what kennel I got my DS from! She was an owner herself and swore my Zeta was a DS. I did some research and was amazed. I've never seen a dog that looked like Zeta until I looked at DS pictures and the description is her personality to a T. Anyway I joined to get some pointers on how to work through some behaviors with my girl. Also, I posted some pictures of her a discussion on the "whatever" board. Tell me if you think she is a DS! Either way I love her and she's the best dog I've ever had!!! Happy to be here!!!
hello from the Midwest!!
- ZZMI
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:54 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I have one dog, Zeta, about 4 years old. She is a rescue that was picked up in a parking lot. She is active, playful, smart, and protective. Best dog I've ever had!
hello from the Midwest!!
Crystal, owner of Zeta (4) DS/GSD mix?
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."- Unknown
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."- Unknown
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: hello from the Midwest!!
Welcome to the forum!
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: hello from the Midwest!!
Welcome! Zeta is a good-looking girl.
Looking forward to hearing more about her! Sounds like even though she had a rough patch she's in good hands, now.
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George


Facebook page.