Hello from CT!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Jrex
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf

Hello from CT!

Post by Jrex »

Hello! I am new to the breed but I have a wonderful 6 month old shepherd. It's been really interesting so far!
Jen & Adolf :)
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by feraloup »

Welcome to the forum! :) I'm a DS newbie, myself, I have a pup who's not quite 5 months old yet. I've found this a great place to get information, advice, humor, and enjoyment in my time here.

Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing some pictures of your pup! :) (everyone here is a junkie for pictures! :D )
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
User avatar
Jrex
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Jrex »

Thanks! I've had many different breeds in the past and this is by far the most interesting. I'd love to post more pics :)
Jen & Adolf :)
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey Jrex !! Where in Ct are you??? im in Ct.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by vneerland »

Welcome here Jrex from CT. Are you male? Female? Did your parents give you a name before you became Jrex? :mrgreen: I hope you don't mind signing your posts. You can create a signature via your user control panel, top left of page, so you don't have to remember to sign every time.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Jrex
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Jrex »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Hey Jrex !! Where in Ct are you??? im in Ct.
I'm near Mystic :)
Jen & Adolf :)
User avatar
Jrex
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Jrex »

vneerland wrote:Welcome here Jrex from CT. Are you male? Female? Did your parents give you a name before you became Jrex? :mrgreen: I hope you don't mind signing your posts. You can create a signature via your user control panel, top left of page, so you don't have to remember to sign every time.
haha, female and the name is Jen. Still working out the lay out :)
Jen & Adolf :)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome !
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by felixone123 »

Welcome and love that chair Jrex is laying on!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by alspyce »

Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome!
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
User avatar
credto
Just Whelped
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am
Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer
Location: Montesano
Contact:

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by credto »

Welcome Jen & Adolf , :D I have only had one Dutchie and he has been an energetic blast. :DSangel:
Tom & Teri
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Christie M »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
How can anything in CT be an hour and a half away from anything else in CT?? Its SO TINY.

Oh yeah....traffic. :o
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Christie M wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
How can anything in CT be an hour and a half away from anything else in CT?? Its SO TINY.

Oh yeah....traffic. :o
:lol: :lol:

And there are no straight roads, you have to zig zag to get anywhere
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from CT!

Post by alspyce »

And only go 30 MPH through all those quaint little towns. ;)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply