More Recent Moko shots
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
More Recent Moko shots
Hee. Again, doing a photo-dump while I have the opportunity at work, and will catch up with chattier posts in a few. Mokume has been growing like a weed, mostly in the legs...
- Attachments
-
- IMG01896.jpg (352.75 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- sleepy puppy snuggles...
- IMG01915.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- IMG01923.jpg (76.16 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- Before she grumped at him for getting too close.
- IMG01900.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- After she grumped at him... They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... you should feel complimented, Maiyou, he wants to be just like you...
- IMG01901.jpg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- Mooooooommmmmm, he's TOUCHING me! Make him stay on HIS side..."
- IMG01924.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- Is it a puppy or a jackrabbit?
- IMG01936.jpg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- Moko's thoughts, "BANZAIIIIII!" Maiyou's thoughts, "I swear, if he lands on me the second mom isn't looking I'm gonna stuff him in a snowbank..."
- IMG01953.jpg (73.43 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- IMG01958.jpg (76.82 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
-
- Christmas moose... funny, he didn't seem to mind the reindeer antlers...
- IMG01887.jpg (43.37 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: More Recent Moko shots
oh so very very good!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: More Recent Moko shots
Ha ha, the antlers!!!!
So cute, the cuddling on the couch shots!
So cute, the cuddling on the couch shots!
Sue (and Sugar)

- Geremy
- Puppy
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
- Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring. - Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
- Contact:
- wahinelf
- Green Dog
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
- Location: Boston, MA
- Contact:
Re: More Recent Moko shots
Look at those PAWS!
I demand more pictures of paws. Love it.
I demand more pictures of paws. Love it.
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
- structural
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Civil Engineer living in Ontario Canada. We have a shepherd mix dog thats about 4 years old and a dutch shepherd born July 16, 2012.
- Location: Barrie, Ontario
Re: More Recent Moko shots
The couch pics are exactly like our dogs, our older male is never happy when the younger pup touches him while he's resting
Richard
Holly (Dutch Shepherd)
Bandit (Shepherd Mix)

Holly (Dutch Shepherd)
Bandit (Shepherd Mix)

- Manstrom
- Puppy
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
- Location: Valdosta Georgia
Re: More Recent Moko shots
Haha, the couch pick reminds me of Harvey and the stray we had staying with us. She wasn't too keen on him bothering her beauty sleep.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback


Facebook page.