Hello from Iowa

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!
Location: Iowa

Hello from Iowa

Post by allsupdutchies »

Hi my name is Laurie, I have 4 dutch shepherds, as of right now. Two of which are for sale and my other two are like my kids, Xena and Jazz. I have a web page with pictures of my dutchies!! http://hstrial-allsupdutchsheph.intuitwebsites.com/ Glad to be here and meet other Dutchie owners and fans of the breed. :D
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome to the forum!

Why are your other 2 for sale?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
User avatar
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!
Location: Iowa

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by allsupdutchies »

Had a litter a year ago, Iowa people just don't know about the breed. I did sell one of them and she came back almost ruined, I was so upset. Then after 5 months (no contact from him, nothing) the guy shows up wanting the dog back or half his money. He got neither, she came back to me with fear aggression. I come to find out he was putting her on her back to correct her. Why? Who the heck knows. She was 4 months old when he got her, socialize, obedience.. just a wonderful little female. I think I have the fear aggression gone, she seems to be her old self again. But I do have a guy that trains drug dogs interested in her, she has some crazy drive. My other one is a male, I had him neutered cause I just couldn't get a buyer for him. He has good drive, he is just immature and doesn't keep focus real well yet. But he is a really nice male.
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by leih merigian »

I'd guess finding the right puppy buyers is one of the greatest challenges with breeding. Glad you wouldn't let that jerk have the girl pup back!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by k9katet »

Welcome to the forum.

If you still have 2 pups left that you can't find homes for and you say that people in Iowa don't know about the breed then why oh why are you going to breed Xena again this spring?
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!
Location: Iowa

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by allsupdutchies »

I won't breed her if I don't get enough people wanting one. I put it out there as a possibility not as a definite this Spring. If and when I get the interest and want for pups, I will breed her again. The two I have left are now being tested for drug dog training, and so far they are doing well with the testing, their ball drive is awesome. The people I am working with won't test them till they are a year old, so it is working out perfectly. This first litter was not an intentional breeding, they were sneaky. Fool me once, won't happen again!! They aren't allowed to be together anymore. I learned my lesson with the two of them. LOL
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by k9katet »

BTW - I think it's awesome that you took the pup back and that you are keeping them both and trying to find the right homes for them.

Do you do Schutzhund with your Dutch Shepherds? I'm up in MN which is why your post title caught my eye. :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!
Location: Iowa

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by allsupdutchies »

Thanks!! I put a lot of time into those pups, they are like my kids. I was pretty upset about the whole ordeal, can't turn my back on my kids!! Wasn't her fault. She is doing so good now, her confidence is back, her ball drive is fantastic, she will search high and low for it and she just acts like she did before he took her. I think she will make a great drug dog.

I have gone to some training sessions with Xena. I started her late so we have bad habits, plus my old military K9 habits are hard to break..LOL. Its more fun for us, we aren't serious as most of them are. I can't go all the time and put the hours some of these people do. We enjoy going and have fun. Jazz hates riding in the vehicle, he never liked it, so we play at home or he goes running with my son, he likes that, too.
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
Post Reply