Maggie

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Maggie
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a friend of Judith van Heugten-Powell, and our Dog, Maggie, was one of her favorites. Maggie had the same birthday as the Queen. Maggie is a Schipperke.

Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Hello,
We are Mitzi and Rusty Milstein from Longview, TX. We had a Dutch Shepherd (dried on high, with no tail) - Judith will understand. Judith, if you read this please call us at 736.9050, or email at milstein at prodigy.net. Say hello to Guy, and we wish y'all a happy and healthy holiday.
Rusty Milstein
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Maggie

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the gang!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Maggie

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Welcome!
Kelly
Image
Koenig
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Maggie

Post by vneerland »

Maggie wrote:Hello,
We are Mitzi and Rusty Milstein from Longview, TX. We had a Dutch Shepherd (dried on high, with no tail) - Judith will understand. Judith, if you read this please call us at <removed by admin>, or email at <removed by admin>. Say hello to Guy, and we wish y'all a happy and healthy holiday.
Rusty Milstein
Rusty,
You found me (via private email) before I found this message on the board (I was in Kansas at the time you posted this, so I was on list-leave) Welcome to our forum.
Rusty had a wonderful wonderful girl, named Maggie and I had the privilege to be her occasional babysit when her family was on the road. K9 officers would see little miss Maggie in my runs, with view of our training field, and wonder what kind of dog she was. It would never fail to answer that she was a miniature Groenendael :mrgreen: (called Belgian Sheepdog in the USA) when in fact, Maggie was a Schipperke. And what a joy she was! :love: Due to her, I have occasionally joked that there should be such a thing as an apartment sized DS. If they were all like Maggie, I would have a cool dozen of them. In loo of that, if I ever grow tired of my big brindles, the only breed I would consider for my smaller companion would be a Schipper. Thanks to miss Maggie, a great ambassador of a lovely breed.
I just heard that Maggie passed away last week. And while I don't often shed tears over dogs that I never owned, I did so for Maggie. Maybe Rusty can post a picture of her here, as an honorary non-brindle-all-black-pint-sized-DutchShepherd-with the heart-of-a-big-dog. I will miss you Maggie, but not as much as your family will be missing you. :cry:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maggie

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome!

Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years ;)
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Maggie

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:Welcome!

Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years ;)
Good idea. I will edit his post for him.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maggie

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote:Welcome!

Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years ;)
Good idea. I will edit his post for him.
bummer you forgot to edit your quote :roll: :lol:
:ds:
Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Maggie

Post by icvanstra »

Marjolein wrote: bummer you forgot to edit your quote :roll: :lol:
:ds:

DONE
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maggie

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:
Marjolein wrote: bummer you forgot to edit your quote :roll: :lol:
:ds:

DONE
We're lucky Judith isn't alone in this... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:whistle:

:ds:
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Maggie

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:We're lucky Judith isn't alone in this... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:whistle:
:ds:
Absolutely correct! I am not the tech support section, trust me. :oops:
And I will not mention that the Dutch hollander forum lost half its posts once when one of the mods tried to help the main mod/admin, right? :girl:
But admitted. I am mostly computer illiterate...
:mrgreen: ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maggie

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Absolutely correct! I am not the tech support section, trust me. :oops:
And I will not mention that the Dutch hollander forum lost half its posts once when one of the mods tried to help the main mod/admin, right? :girl:
But admitted. I am mostly computer illiterate...
:mrgreen: ;)
You said you would NOT mention that :oops: : :oops: Image It wasn't half the posts.... just one tiny topic....hihi :oops: :roll:
Image
Post Reply