Hello from SoCal
-
flarelate
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: New to this forum. I have done my research and want to get my first dutch shepherd. They come highly recommended from many friends who are military dog handlers.
Hello from SoCal
Hello all. My wife and I just picked up our dutch pup last weekend. His name is Tobi and he is a handful, but super fun. His one ear wasn't standing a week ago, but after giving him a good chew bone it's up!
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (170.31 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
-
- image.jpg (199.44 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Matt & Tobin James "Tobi"
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Hello from SoCal
Awwww, he is soooo cute!
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Feel free to post as many pics as you want
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Feel free to post as many pics as you want

Sue (and Sugar)

- centrop67
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3589
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
- Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA
Re: Hello from SoCal
Welcome! What a beautiful puppy.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
![]() |
RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers |
-
Karin
- Green Dog
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hi there.
I WILL be a new Dutch Shepherd owner on July 20th!!! Puppies are on the ground and a huge litter at 14! Very excited. I chose the Dutch because I like high drive dogs and my husband likes shepherds. We both have had GSDs in our past. I also am interested in search and rescue training. I live in the mountains of California and have two older Australian Shepherds. I do know that I have a job managing this pack. My husband is on board with it all. No kids. Both of us have flexible jobs. We are active folk but aging! ;-))
Still we mountain bike, hike, cross-country ski and my husband runs. I walk in the woods with the dogs 3 times a day and we are lucky to have US Forest right out the door. So that is it.
Re: Hello from SoCal
What a handsome guy Matt.
Where did he come from. I'm patiently waiting for my guy.... 5 more weeks.
Where did he come from. I'm patiently waiting for my guy.... 5 more weeks.
Karin In Lake Tahoe
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013


Facebook page.