Hello from Missouri!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Dee
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm
Tell us about yourself: What can I say, I'm a nerd. I love anime, video games and sci-fi. While I do enjoy rotting my brain in front of my TV I never pass up a chance to take my dogs to the river, a walk around town or pretty much anywhere that allows them lol. I just bought my first house with my boyfriend and we own 3 cats (Jack, Appa and Hiro) and two dogs (Luna and Ronin.)

Hello from Missouri!

Post by Dee »

Greetings from Missouri! I know this introduction is late but we have been busy moving. My name is Erica, I'm 23 years old and have lived in MIssouri my whole life. I was raised with dogs, every size and temperament you can think of! My favorites are Huskies and German Shepherds until recently I had never even heard of Dutch Shepherds (they're highly uncommon in my area apparently) until I found an ad for a pup, looked up the breed, and now am the owner of one who I've named Ronin. We also own a Border Collie named Luna and 3 cats (Appa, Jack and Hiro).

I joined mostly because I'm interested in learning all I can about Dutch Shepherds and just to talk with other owners. Tips are always welcome but so far both our dogs have been great. Ronin and Luna have both been quick learners and are doing great with basic obedience and such.

ANYWAY, I'm starting to blabber. So, hello to everyone. I'm happy to be here!

P.S. I'll get a signature up as soon as I get my desktop set up and running. :)
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by johninny »

WELCOME to you and the whole crew.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome! You should post update pictures since the first pic you posted was a whole 2 months ago. That's 2 months of puppy pictures we need to catch up on! Some of us didn't have our DSs as puppies and people like you are who we rely on for cuteness overloads. :D
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by johninny »

so true.... i'm on my 5th DS, but only my first puppy-like puppy [ under months 6 months ] - at least my 1st since 57 years ago. i really had little clue what it would be like - including how very hilarious.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Karin
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi there.
I WILL be a new Dutch Shepherd owner on July 20th!!! Puppies are on the ground and a huge litter at 14! Very excited. I chose the Dutch because I like high drive dogs and my husband likes shepherds. We both have had GSDs in our past. I also am interested in search and rescue training. I live in the mountains of California and have two older Australian Shepherds. I do know that I have a job managing this pack. My husband is on board with it all. No kids. Both of us have flexible jobs. We are active folk but aging! ;-))
Still we mountain bike, hike, cross-country ski and my husband runs. I walk in the woods with the dogs 3 times a day and we are lucky to have US Forest right out the door. So that is it.

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by Karin »

Welcome Dee.

You are not blabbering to us, you are clearly excited. Bring on the photos! I look forward to sharing puppy photos too as I'm almost down to the single digits in terms of days I have to wait for my DS puppy. So if you think you blabber! hahahaha you haven't seen anything yet.

Welcome again.
Karin In Lake Tahoe
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Yes, welcome and can't wait for photos!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by Stacy_R »

Hello! And yes....pictures! :)
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Dee
Just Whelped
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm
Tell us about yourself: What can I say, I'm a nerd. I love anime, video games and sci-fi. While I do enjoy rotting my brain in front of my TV I never pass up a chance to take my dogs to the river, a walk around town or pretty much anywhere that allows them lol. I just bought my first house with my boyfriend and we own 3 cats (Jack, Appa and Hiro) and two dogs (Luna and Ronin.)

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by Dee »

Thanks everyone! I'll have new pictures up as soon as I have my desktop set up. He sure has gotten huge lol. When I got him he liked to hide inside a cinder block and sleep there, now he's lucky to fit his head inside. :|
User avatar
Dark Side
Puppy
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am
Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/
Location: South east of France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Missouri!

Post by Dark Side »

Welcome ! :)
Post Reply