Hello all,
Tomo is our first dutchie, prev had a GSD...She is an amazing pup, has so much potential and never seen a pup with more ball drive. We are in basic obedience classes now, and i would like to get her advanced and into protection work as it is my occupation as well(just not as a handler). Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated! She is about 4months now, picked her up at 12 weeks.
First Dutchie!!
-
Tomoe
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: First dutchie, GSD previouslyi
First Dutchie!!
- Attachments
-
- tomo pics 030 resized.jpg (199.97 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: First Dutchie!!
congratulations. looks like a beautiful coat. where did you get her? do you have more pics by any chance?
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: First Dutchie!!
What a cutie. As for the protection training, does the company you work for recommend or require a specific trainer for protection work? They would be the first I would contact for a trainer referral. Other than that, keep up with the basic obedience and build the tug drive. Leerburg has a good video on puppy foundations for bitework.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
-
Tomoe
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: First dutchie, GSD previouslyi
Re: First Dutchie!!
Thank you all! I am absolutely amazed at her intelligence and drive...just incredible and inspiring lol.
Lyons-I am a private contractor, I do diplomatic/executive protection so no company recommendations as I have my own..The breeder was Maces malanois in PA. Its where we go for basic obedience and I work with her a good hour a day at least on tug/bite work and obedience as well. Really I need training as much as her, so I would need the schooling equally if not more. When we get to the stages where she is advanced enough I will start the protection work in jest. Mace has a place he works with in the dogs he supplies to LE/Mil. so I have talked to him about going the same route.
Dutchringgirl- Pics to come, need to resize images..thank you for the compliment! Thinking about picking up her sister too as the 13Y.O. Westie we have doesnt have the spunk she needs as a pup to play..
Lyons-I am a private contractor, I do diplomatic/executive protection so no company recommendations as I have my own..The breeder was Maces malanois in PA. Its where we go for basic obedience and I work with her a good hour a day at least on tug/bite work and obedience as well. Really I need training as much as her, so I would need the schooling equally if not more. When we get to the stages where she is advanced enough I will start the protection work in jest. Mace has a place he works with in the dogs he supplies to LE/Mil. so I have talked to him about going the same route.
Dutchringgirl- Pics to come, need to resize images..thank you for the compliment! Thinking about picking up her sister too as the 13Y.O. Westie we have doesnt have the spunk she needs as a pup to play..
- Dark Side
- Puppy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am
- Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/ - Location: South east of France
- Contact:


Facebook page.
