needed some expert opinion

For our new members to introduce themselves
Allan7
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a novice dutch shepherd owner and joined this community to acquire expert advice on raising,breeding a dutch shepherd.my male dutchie named Igor is the latest addition to our family.I have 2 adult dogs a japanese spitz and a labrador but needed a serious guardian to guard my family and property that's when I got him.he's a happy dog always alert and very reliable at an early age of 5 months.since I got him,I fell in-love with the breed that I wanted another one a female,but my research brought me here thinking that I can get some advice on choosing the right female dutchie since the breed have a lot of variations.

Re: needed some expert opinion

Post by Allan7 »

I've heard that some female DS can reach 25 inches and males 28".hopefully he'll grow up to one.
Allan7
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a novice dutch shepherd owner and joined this community to acquire expert advice on raising,breeding a dutch shepherd.my male dutchie named Igor is the latest addition to our family.I have 2 adult dogs a japanese spitz and a labrador but needed a serious guardian to guard my family and property that's when I got him.he's a happy dog always alert and very reliable at an early age of 5 months.since I got him,I fell in-love with the breed that I wanted another one a female,but my research brought me here thinking that I can get some advice on choosing the right female dutchie since the breed have a lot of variations.

Re: needed some expert opinion

Post by Allan7 »

Igor after a morning walk.
Attachments
5mos.Igor.jpg
5mos.Igor.jpg (95.69 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Allan7
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a novice dutch shepherd owner and joined this community to acquire expert advice on raising,breeding a dutch shepherd.my male dutchie named Igor is the latest addition to our family.I have 2 adult dogs a japanese spitz and a labrador but needed a serious guardian to guard my family and property that's when I got him.he's a happy dog always alert and very reliable at an early age of 5 months.since I got him,I fell in-love with the breed that I wanted another one a female,but my research brought me here thinking that I can get some advice on choosing the right female dutchie since the breed have a lot of variations.

Re: needed some expert opinion

Post by Allan7 »

before and recent photos of Igor and friends.
Attachments
Igor@5mos..jpg
Igor@5mos..jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Igor@3mos..jpg
Igor@3mos..jpg (72.59 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Selena
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
Contact:

Re: needed some expert opinion

Post by Selena »

Allan7 wrote:I've heard that some female DS can reach 25 inches and males 28".hopefully he'll grow up to one.
Depending on the bloodline even bigger ;-). I started training again, now the kids can manage for alittle while. Both females are in the 26 inch and 80 lbs range ;-) i am rather small for dutch standards 1.60 m ( 5.1 or so?). :mrgreen:
Post Reply